“Great location in Lucerne”

Continental-Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Sanford, North Carolina
“Great location in Lucerne”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel is an easy walk to the downtown area but it is still on a quiet street so you do not get noise from the bar scenes at night. Around the corner from fast food places. Underground mall is a 5 minute walk. Staff is very good and tries to meet any requests. The restaurant was very nice but it serves only Italian food. Bedroom was very spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank HelenH_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is well located hotel in easy walking distance of the historic town and close to the railway station but we were not aware of any train noise. Overall it was ideal for a short stay or for business use. One slight criticism was the service at breakfast. The staff did not seem overly quick at coming over to take a hot drink order and there did not always seem to be somebody overseeing the breakfast area with respect to prompt clearing of used breakfast tables. On one occasion when a table adjacent to us had been cleared the cloth used for wiping down was left on the table and although staff walked past on several occasions it took some time before it was removed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank candj37
continentalpark, Inhaber at Continental-Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2016
Dear rritchie98
Thank you for your kind words about the Continental-Park. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Since 2012 we changed and renovated a lot also regarding the breakfast. It is time to come back. The team is looking forward to welcoming you again in Lucerne.
Sunny regards,
Alessandro Pedrazzetti, Hotelier & the Continental-Park team
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2012

As a family of 5' Switzerland can be very expensive. When traveling for 4 months, it is important to only pay for 1 room per night. Hotel was fine with the 5 of us - 2 Adults and 3 children (13 10 and 7) in 1 room with a double and 2 singles. Just had to pay for 1 extra for breakfast.
Breakfast was great. Best we've had in Europe.
Location great and parking available at a cost.
Quite expensive, but so is Switzerland in general.
Reception staff were very helpful and happy to accommodate the 5 of us. Not many hotels do, and we need to sneak one of our kids in each night. (without having to get 2 rooms)

Room Tip: Can fit family in one room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TeamFree
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

As part of a tour group, I stayed overnight at Continental Park Hotel. The hotel is centrally located in Luzern - Chapel Bridge, the train station, supermarket, bars and restaurants, various clothing, souvenir and watch shops (e.g. Rolex, Omega) are a 5-10 minute walk.

The room was clean and comfortable, but it was showing a bit of its age. The window in my room was broken and so could not fully close, resulting in some noise pollution during the night, but this did not affect my sleep. Internet is complimentary and very fast. There were many international television channels.

We had a personalised dinner not at the attached restaurant at the front of the hotel, but one in the meeting/function room. Although the food was not spectacular, the service was very good. The waiter (who I think was African-French) was charismatic, joyful and ensured that we enjoyed our meal. He was also present at breakfast. Breakfast was very simple - some bread, fruit, cereal, (strictly one) cooked egg and bacon. It was also quite rushed because another tour group was waiting for us to finish. In the end, we had about 25 minutes for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EugeneChan
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I had to spend a night in Lucerne for business and my company chose this hotel. It´s very centrally located. You are practically a five minute walk to the city center where there are plenty of nice restaurants. We chose a Greek restaurant nearby the hotel where we had an excellent dinner.
The hotel is very quiet and we could park our car in the hotel garage which was very convenient. The people at the reception were very professional and very helpful. There is internet service but like many places in Switzerland, it comes at a price where nowadays
it should be a service provided free of charge to guests in every hotel!!!
The rooms are fine with comfortable beds and I certainly slept well.
The breakfast was very good with the exception of the cheeky Indian waiter.
There´s certainly a large selection to choose from in the breakfast buffet.
The hotel also has a restaurant where you can also dine if you don´t feel like going out.
I certainly would´t mind returning to this hotel and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: Try the Greek restaurant around the corner.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LoveSun50
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great Location, well priced, and great staff.
Breakfasts are good aswell, and it is located right opposite the main train station in lucerne.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BrandonBotes
Mumbai
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Just a short walk from the main station, the pier, the tourist office... it's the perfect place to crash when you're exploring the Luzern area. Decent rooms, good breakfast (I loved their Bircher muesli) and quite reasonable considering how central it is. As a woman staying alone, I felt perfectly safe. The Picasso museum, the town's old quarter and the Chapel Bridge and many building that are much more interesting than it are in the vicinity.
The staff wasn't that cooperative though. When I arrived, I was told that my room was not ready and would take at least two hours. I decided to leave my bag with them and spend the time sightseeing instead of sitting around the busy and claustrophobic lobby area. My bag was not put into any locker or special left luggage room but was left standing around close to the reception.

On another occasion, when I returned to the room after a long day of sightseeing, I found a strange and disgusting smell in the room. When I called housekeeping to inform them, I was told I was imagining it! When I insisted that someone come up and take a whiff, I was told to just open a window to let it out. The man who took the call was rather rude, something that I had not encountered at all, anywhere else in Switzerland. Finally, I sprayed my expensive French perfume all around the room and opened the windows, covered my nose with a perfumed handkerchief and slept with a pillow over my head to keep the yucky smell out!

Despite these glitches, I think this hotel is good VFM just for its superb location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo