“Great stay!”

Tourist Hotel
Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hotel may not look impressive on the outside but the room was clean and spacious. The reception staff was also very helpful and attended to all our queries patiently. Breakfast spread was reasonable, healthy and nutritious. I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Almere
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here on the way through from Holland to Italy, Rimini.
We parked there for only CHF 5.00 through help of staff at the reception desk. He gave us every information at the desk and a nice room ar the front overseeing the river and the town and castle at the other side of the street. Exactly what we wanted and the price was OK considering the prices in Switzerland. Excellent shower in the bathroom!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Although the reception area looks a bit shabby and utilitarian, the triple room that my sisters and I shared was lovely. Very clean, modern, great bathroom and spacious. We had a balcony with lovely windows overlooking the river and mountains. It was about 10 minutes walk to the lake. We arrived by car and there was reasonable street parking available overnight until check out time. Breakfast was included. I would say if you were arriving by train, it may be a bit of a hike. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a river view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for a single room and shared bathroom. I was expecting a bunk bed and a very tiny small room but the room was actually spacious and had two twin beds (although I was traveling by myself). They gave me the 5th floor with a view of the river. It was really beautiful and pleasant. The shared bathroom was clean and always maintained, although the lights can be a little dim but it was fine. It was also quite too.

The staff(s) was/were very friendly and they sell tickets at the desk which saved me a lot of time and hassle. They sell tickets for Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis and maybe more. Since I have Euro Pass, they sell it to me with 50% discount. They were very helpful in giving the direction in where to catch the boat/train and the schedule of those. I almost felt like I was living there (haha). I really enjoyed staying in this town.

They also have housecleaning service. I'm glad they didn't throw any of my water bottles!

They didn't really touch any of personal items and just replaced my used towels and arrange my bed. I could say that this place is also reasonable price too for Swiss standard! I paid 233 swiss francs for 4 nights! That is very reasonable for the location, view and service they provide!

Great location from main station, grocery store, flea market, old town and great view!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Theresa_Imperial
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Spent a very pleasant night here. The room was beautiful and modern. Especially the bathroom. We had a garden view but the river view would have been much better. The free breakfast was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. They even saved us s bundle on tour prices. Downside - it's Switzerland and everything is really expensive. It was one of the better rooms we stayed in during our recent European trip, but at a price 75 - 100% higher than other countries. I loved Luzern and would love to stay longer if more affordable.

• Stayed May 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a stay at the hotel that included a suite with kitchen, and small garden area. We were greeted warmly and escorted to our room. We had a full kitchen for which we made simple meals so we could relax. The hotel also provided a free breakfast and provided free wireless. Excellent location within walking distance of shopping and attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
SOUTH AFRICA
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Well all I can say is that it was one of the nicest experiences I have had. I have stayed in 5* hotels but nothing beats a hotel if you have unbelievable personnel in reception who arrange anything you want including your washing! If we needed Mt Titlis tickets they sold them to us, told us where to catch the train etc. The same when visiting Mt Rigi - we never had to worry about anything as they told us everything we had to know! You must book the rooms with a view over the river - the little balcony is fabulous and you have the most beautiful view over the river and if you lucky and no clouds you can see Mt Pilatus and all the other mountains. The hotel includes breakfast which was nice and more than we could want. Nothing like a 5* hotel spread but it was really nice. Coffee was always available in the eating lounge and was so welcome when coming home late. I was overseas for 4 weeks and this was the most pleasant stay I had! Thank you to the Tourist Hotel for making us feel so welcome .....

Room Tip: Must choose a room with a balcony and view of the river ....
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends