“Charming Old hotel at a very reasonable rate”
Review of Hotel Rebstock

Hotel Rebstock
Ranked #30 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
London
“Charming Old hotel at a very reasonable rate”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I loved this hotel. The staff were superb from check in to check out. Lovely restaurant and good location just minutes from the centre of the Old Town and only a 10 minute walk to the station. Each room is individually furnished so I can only comment on my room. It was small with low ceilings that may not suit all and it wasn't full of the amenities you might expect in a modern chain hotel , flat screen TV , air con or tea and coffee for instance.Yes the floor boards creaked but what it did have was real charm and a comfortable bed at a very reasonable price by Luzern standards. The hotel has a strong art theme which was great for me but may not be to everyone's taste.Some may prefer a chain hotel but not me . Others mention the nearby church bells ringing at night but I had no problem with it and I am a light sleeper. Would definately stay again.

Room Tip: My room was at the top and to the rear of the old building and I had no problem with noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was a lovely hotel with very friendly staff. We were offered help with our cases to take to our room but were able to do so ourselves. The lift stops were for two floors but we did not struggle. The cleaning staff helped us find our room after mishearing our room number. Breakfast was good and plentiful.

If you want to save money maybe book half board as restaurants proved to be expensive.

On leaving, we realised too late, that they had charged us in our own currency instead of in Swiss Francs. They should have offered us the choice. So it cost us more

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've stayed there 5 times from 2010 through 2013. The service has always been ecxellent, friendly and helpful, even with difficult requests. The rooms have a very nice and individual interior designs. WLAN is free with good reception in the entire building (as far as I could tell). Only downside is that these old walls, ceelings and floors aren't really sound-damping, so you really hear the person upstaris walking to the bathroom at night.

The location is great, just across the street from the lake promenade and where some of the sightseeing ships take off and 5 minutes of walking distance from the historical center.

The breakfast experience has slightly decreased (choice and quality) while prices have nearly doubled over that period of time. If it wasn't for that combination of facts, I'd give this hotel an excellent rating... but I can't as I know that they used to be even better.

No decent parking available close to the hotel, so I suggest you use the valet service.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is further away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Arrived at the hotel early and it was nice to have reception welcome me like a friend. The walk from the train station is easy especially if you have luggage. My room was a good size with an ensuite bathroom. It was nicely decorated and clean. My only complaint would be there was no luggage rack to hold my suitcase, I had to put it on the desk. Breakfast was good. Bircher muesli, which was my favorite. Breads, cold meats, cheeses, fruit and so on.
The location of the hotel is great, very easy to get to all the sights by walking.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Merely 10 to 15 min walks from Luzern Train Station, very near to Lion Statue and Luzern shopping area. Was welcome by a very friendly and young female reception. She even offer to carry my heavy bags to my assigned room, and also offer to carry bags during check out! Heard that all rooms are difference, unfortunately my room was an older design with wooden floor, was woken by guests (they walk alot and during 3 to 5am???) on higher floor during mid-night. Fortunately we were dead tired and tried not to be affected by the noise. Breakfast was up to standard but not much choice. Free broadband WiFi and very fast indeed, can access from room and restaurant during breakfast. Overall, Luzern is a very expensive and this hotel was one of the cheapest I can find in Luzern, so I think it is value for money. Would stay here again if I visit Luzern again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with concrete floor if you are a light sleeper. Wooden floor will wake you up in n...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YongK
St Peters
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband, our 13 year old son and I stayed at the Rebstock for 3 nights in early June. We absolutely loved the location and couldn't get over how sincere and pleasant the staff was; they truly made us feel at home. This was our first time to Switzerland and we wanted to make sure we picked the perfect hotel for our stay. We couldn't have asked for a better place. Our room was very roomy for the 3 of us, was tastefully decorated, and extremely cozy. Any time we had questions about places to visit in the area, the staff were always very helpful with recommendations. We ate at the hotel restaurant 2 of the 3 nights since our son couldn't get enough of the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The first night we ate indoors but the 2nd night we opted to eat outside since the weather was so nice. The hotel also has a nice seating area in the front of the hotel where we would have a beverage after sight seeing. We highly recommend the Rebstock to anyone travelling to Lucerne looking for a memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel after pulling my hair out trying to find an affordable option in Lucerne that could house our family of 5. We booked two rooms here, they were on the front side and faced the lake, beds were comfortable and the sounds of the church bells were nice, not sure how you would go with them if you stayed for a longer stay. Overall we enjoyed it but if you want some quiet time I'd probably not recommend.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family