“Could not fault this hotel”
Review of Hotel Alpha

Hotel Alpha
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We saw the 2013 Trip Advisor award plaque on the wall when we walked in. The hotel is 10 mins walk from Lucerne station and easy to find in a quiet location. Shared bathrooms with 2 separate showers and toilet were very good clean and modern. There is a lift. Our room was fine and wifi all good. Breakfast room very nicely appointed and breakfast was good. Would definitely stay again and recommend Hotel Alpha.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our experience here at Hotel Alpha was fantastic. The hotel was located within walking distance to the train station and is in a quieter area. Our room, with four single beds, was a bit small for our family of four, but worked well and was very clean. This hotel does have shared bathrooms for each floor but they are very clean and there was rarely a line for the shower. Also, all rooms had a sink so it meant we didn’t have to leave the room every time when we needed running water. Reception was helpful and offered many supplies such as a water kettle and blow dryer. The breakfast was decent though choices weren’t that plentiful. However, the bread offered was good. I can definitely recommend this place to all types of travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Located in a quiet residential area, this hotel is very convenient in terms of commuting. A few minutes walk to the bus station. Buses run frequently to the train station and also up to quite late at night. Two bus stops only to the train station, take a few minutes. There is a big supermarket inside the train station. Hence usually we would pick up bottled water and other stuff on our way back to the hotel at the end of the day. The hotel is clean and tidy. Our room is quite spacious with private bath, a balcony and nice mountain views. Breakfast is good. In an expensive city like Lucerne, this is a decent hotel offering good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is the second time I came to Hotel Alpha and I couldn't have had it better! The staff is so friendly, at the Reception, in the breakfast room and the cleaning personnel all have a kind word, a smile, a helpful hand. Nothing is too much to ask for.
Silvia and Patrick are just great, the girls in the breakfast area are angels, always filling baskets and coffee pots, etc.
The rooms are light, many have balconies, they are spotlessly clean, you get more towels than you need, even a face washer!
Well done Alpha, I'll come again!
A small recommendation: can we have soap dispensers in the shared showers, please?
As for a room: try to ask for one with a balcony and /or looking into the courtyard.
Town is at walking distance, the railways station also. Parking can be very much facilitated by the staff of the hotel, ask about it when you book and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was very impressed with Hotel Alpha - About a 10 minute walk to main train station. The room was quite big and was very clean.

We had the shared bathroom which was perfectly clean and very modern. I stayed 3 nights and didn't have to wait to use them once. There was only one toilet but again I never had to wait.

Breakfast had a great selection including cold meat, cheese, bread, rolls, cereal and hot drinks and juice.

As Switzerland is such an expensive country, I would definately stay here again (and have a shared bathroom) to save those precious dollars.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was our second stay at Hotel Alpha and we returned because it is well priced and located in v pricey Lucerne. Breakfast is very good. Plentiful and fresh. Rooms and bathrooms are v clean and fresh. Internet access is free initially then you have to pay. Car parking is there if you inform them in advance that you will need it. We didn't and it cost us slightly more for our final day.

Easy walk into the city centre in a nice neighbourhood.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights in June. With the limited choices in Lucerne, because of pricing and the timing for when I booked my rooms, this was one of the few left. Everything in Lucerne is pricey so I would recommend paying a few more bucks then staying here.
This place isn't the worse place I've ever seen. The location is decent, about a ten minutes walk from the train station. I had a room at the end of the hall, which I originally thought was a good thing. The bad thing is that the entrance to the room is connected to another room, one door which opens into two doors.
The walls in this place is so thin that it's worse than staying in a dorm. My room was of good size, and the bathroom wasn't bad although I did find what looked like toothpaste stains on the bottom of the rinse glass in the bathroom, and hair on the floor. Seriously, the worse part are the walls. The people in the room next to mine came back late and every time they turned on the faucet, it sounded like the pipes were in my room. And for some reason, they needed the water on and off for over an hour. I know this isn't the hotel's fault but the walls are.
No amenities were in the room as stated in their confirmation email. THERE WERE NO HAIR DRYERS, NO MINI BAR, NO COFFEE/TEA MAKER, NO SAFE, NO TELEPHONE, NO TV AND NO WIFI.
I had to ask the guy at the front desk for a hair dryer and he didn't seem like he cared to give me one. When I asked him about getting ice for my hydration pack in the morning, he stated that the breakfast room would have it.
Well, when I arrived at breakfast....the lady stated she doesn't have anything to make ice and has no idea why he would tell me they did. I know she wasn't lying because I looked into the kitchen and she was right. The breakfast was ok. Things were clean and fresh but nothing to brag about.
Overall, if you need a place to crash and you're a deep sleeper then by all means pick this place. I would not stay here again if I had a choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo