“Average stay”
Review of Hotel Alpha

Hotel Alpha
Ranked #35 of 67 Hotels in Lucerne
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had an average stay at this hotel. We only stayed for one night. The shared bathroom was very clean and well-kept, which we really appreciated. The room was very modest and could have been a little cleaner. Not all of the windows had curtains on them, which felt weird when we were changing clothes or trying to sleep. Also, we were across from a park that apparently is a hangout for teenagers that play loud music, although they weren't playing the music too late. Overall, I would recommend this hotel since it is one of the cheapest options in Lucerne and was alright for the price.

1  Thank Natalie A

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent 2 nights in Hotel Alpha in September 2013. Its about 10-15 mins walk from the main station and Lake Lucerne.

I hadnt expected much of this hotel since it is one of the cheaper options in Lucerne. But I was pleasantly surprised. We had booked a room with en-suite bathroom and it was clean, efficient and tidy. Not too much interior, just basic. Bathroom was nice and spacious by european standards. It was september so it wasnt very nice without AC or Fan it might get a bit hot during summer. I think the staff may provide a table fan if requested.

There is free wi-fi for 1 hr a day per person which worked very well in our room.

Breakfast is usual european stuff, Jams, Cheeses, Coffee, Hot Milk, Juices, some meats and cereals.

Staff at the reception were very helpful. We even booked a Pilatus round trip from them at a 5% discount. :)

All in all we were satisfied and would stay again here if travelling single or couple...

4  Thank neerav
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Very easy to locate. When you get out of the Lucerne Bahnhof station just walk on pilatusstrasse for about .4 miles and you will see a big board of hotel Alpha. Can't miss it if you keep walking on Pilatusstrasse.
The complimentary breakfast was awesome too!
They have Internet free only for an hour which I found very weird , although each extra hour only cost 1 franc an hour which I found worth the speed it offered.
The hotel has a hospital like feeling, because everything is white. I must say it is clean and well maintained though.
They have only twin beds and no queen or king beds which I found weird too. My wife and I were supposed to sleep at a distance of 3 inches from each other, what?!?!? ;-)

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Ankoor S
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Alpha early September. The hotel is not far from the Train Station and is clean. There is no personality from the hotel or the staff. The room aka "sweat lodge" was sweltering hot, opening the windows didn't do a thing to help because we overlooked a courtyard with no air flow. We were able to get a fan from the front desk, it gave little to no relief from the heat. Lucky we were only staying one night. The patio we had and the courtyard was nice though, and had a nice view of Mt. Pilatus. Won’t be going back, there are other hotels in the same price range I have stayed at in Luzern that are better.

Room Tip: If going in the winter get a courtyard view room.
1  Thank beachbum1982
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Nice Hotel, you should just come here to sleep after a full days travel. Try to stay away from the Side rooms like 302/301 series ,especially on weekends, lot of noise outside hotel, a weekend party spot. Rest all is ok....superb connectivity via bus and walk.....at this price this one is the bes I must say....

Room Tip: Center of Hotel Area
1  Thank neilnpatel-
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was a good hotel, the room was a decent size and the posters for the Mt Pilatus railway made me realise I had missed something in the guide books!

I had a view over the school which mean I got a bit of noise at times, but it wasn't that bad really.
Location is decent just off the main roads in a quiet area.

The male toilet/shower wasn't quite balanced right with 2 showers and 1 toilet, the other way round being preferable, and as the hotel has balconies and a sitting room for Smokers the smell did seem to hang in places (I'm from Scotland where you're unceremoniously dumped out on the street if you want to smoke), all in all though, really good basic accomodation

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Despite the low room rates, the hotel is in a good location, around 10 minutes walk from the train station and the same to the old town. The area is very quiet, with very little traffic, and I had a view of Mt Pilatus from my room on the 4th floor. The room itself was quite big, and it was very handy having a sink in the room. Breakfast was also very filling, mainly just a standard continental style buffet breakfast which set me up until lunchtime. The shared bathrooms were also spotless and I didn't have to wait at all during my stay.

Overall, if you're looking for an affordable place to stay in Lucerne and don't mind sharing a bathroom, I'd highly recommend the Alpha.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo