“Excellence Services”

Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Excellence Services”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

As my father visited me last week, we stayed in Grand Europe for 3 nights. How imaging it was… As I know, it is an old hotel with long history but it is really beautiful and charming with old morden style, it makes me feel that I’m going back through the ages. We had a beautiful room with nice view from Luzern Lake. Moreover, the staffs are really friendly and hard working, they treated their guests like their family.

Room Tip: rooms with Lake view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vannie V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I loved this hotel for its location and its homeliness. You could walk out of the hotel and across the road was Lake Lucerne - a view to die for!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sueda3116
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed two nights and the hotel is huge, alot of rooms, could get lost quite easily. Quite the walk to get to our room. The hallways are old and not very clean. The rooms were old, beds were very soft and low, not very comfortable as I prefer firmer beds. Great location, away from the main center but only a 10-15 minute walk along Lake Luzern which is right across the street. This hotel uses shower curtains which is contaminated with germs and usually not cleaned properly so that was unfortunate. Our room looked out toward the back of the hotel and into other residences so no view. Ask for a room facing the front toward Lake Luzern. Enjoy a stroll along the lake but rather then heading toward the center, go the other direction - away from the expensive center.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 14 June 2012

This is a hard hotel to review. We were with a tour and I found this hotel a bit strange even by European standards. It is old or at least appears to be very old in its style. It is very well maintained and very clean. The hallways are huge and our room was abnormally large but others had very tiny rooms. The furnishings in the rooms is very sparse but ok. I loved the location as it was just across the road from the lake and a very nice short walk to town. The bar was nice and sitting out on the front porch for dinner and drinks while taking it that incredible view was more than you could ask for. The food was great as was the service. Everyone spoke English and was very helpfull. I would go back to this hotel without any hesitation. I would go back to Lucerne in a heartbeat - I just loved it there.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room or you may not fit in it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jodale
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed here a few weeks ago and I've been here before as part of a group and we keep going back as the location and service is by far the best! The food is great and good wide variety. The rooms are brilliant especially if you get a lake view, which is just outside the front door.
Short walk to town. The staff really do make you feel at home here.
In short, Brilliant!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Derbyshire, England
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The room I had was nice and large, clean and well kept. Good air-con and view, although not all rooms have this and some are quite small. Beds were comfortable and excellent maid service too.

The location is a 20-30 min walk to the main areas and train station but there is a bus stop outside which is convenient.

The hotel is popular with tours, most guest staying for one night, so expect plenty of people all arriving together and bags everywhere, although it did seem well organised.

Nice bar, good food and for the most part the staff were excellent. In fact my only criticism is of the staff really. I had a problem in my room, it would not lock from the inside I asked about it at reception twice and was very bluntly told that this was a law is switzerland and i was not allowed the lock the door inside. As a female solo traveller I was not happy, the answer was we are fully booked so can't move you and all the rooms are the same and it's the law!

I know this now to be a load of twaddle and they lied to me as every other guest I asked had a locking room AND I managed to fix the lock myself anyway!

This is why I give the 3 stars. I wouldn't return on this basis, but I would go back to Luzerne as a tourist as it's a lovely area. I think the fact this is popular with tour groups tells you it isn't the best hotel in the area and at the cheaper end further out of town, however if you have been put in this hotel as part of a tour you'll enjoy it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jane3nc
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed here as part of rowing Ireland for a couple of days, I was really looked after. There was always a good selection of food and of good quality. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed May 2012