“Love love love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel des Alpes

Hotel des Alpes
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Australia
“Love love love this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our third time here and this time we booked a balcony. It was enclosed on both sides for privacy unlike the lower balconies. The room was just perfect. Old, creeky floors, just as the hotel is itself. We fronted the Bridge and river and never got sick of waking up to that view. The morning we left it snowed so we got some great pics before heading off on the 5 minute walk to the station. As stated the hotel is visible from the station exit. The station itself has a coop which is open from early morning til late at night around 10 if I remember and Sunday but the hours are a little less but still open all day. They have a Bachmann on each floor of the station and they sell heaps to eat and great takeaway cappuccino. In fact we had a couple of these coffees daily. 3.40 Francs each.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a view. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crab67tkf
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear crab67tkf

Thank you for the 3 "loves". We are happy you enjoyed with us and you are right - the view the last days was just perfect. Wishing you all the best and hope to see you again!

Your Team of the Hotel Des Alpes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreux
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Have ever been in a place more than 20 times? If so, most place will treat you very well, will give a sign of warmth. But here it just doesn't seem possible. But I continue to go there because they will always make some arrangements and the place is one of the best while visiting Lucerne. You're just in from of the old bridge, have a great view on Reuss (the river) and are in pedestrian zone which can be reached from the train station in 6 minutes. It's always tidy and clean. Won't say more.

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alexander H
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a family holiday we had 2 rooms and yes they are on the small side but adequate and clean but the efficiency and friendliness and the proximity to station shops and
attractions can't be topped!
The restaurant was excellent and Gabrielle was so professional with a big smile and very nice to our 2 year old granddaughter that it made dinner at the restaurant every night special . Thanks you ! Highly recommended .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lucyjacinto
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Lucyjacinto

Thank you very much for your lovely review! We wish you and your family merry christmas and a happy new Year.

Hellerup
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I paid approximately 140 CHF for one night in a room that was clean, but very small. I did not find any way to control the temperature. Bathroom was ok. Breakfast was included and ok. The wifi was very unstable and did not work half the time which is a real nuisance if you have to work. The location is by the Canal but I could not see it from my room - the rooms with a view have a Premium of plus 20 CHF. I had a car but the hotel does not offer parking and was not helpful trying to solve this - poor service and attitude.

Room Tip: The hotel has rooms with a view to the Water but they cost extra
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank larspark
Dear larspark

Thank you very much for the time to took to write your review. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our services. Regarding the parking situation we recommend the parkings nearby.

Wishing you all the best

Greater London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was coming for a very short overnight trip from Zurich. This hotel was perfect for what i wanted, the main benefit was the location, a very short walk from the station, and overlooking one of the famous wooden bridges.
Now I took a very cheap rate and asked for a single room, and that is what I got, a genuine single room, with a little single bed!
10% voucher off dinner, - which I didn't take as I already had plans for somewhere else, and breakfast included, which was a cold bread / pastry selection with cold meats, cheese and warm boiled eggs, pots of coffee freshly made, all very good.
The service was polite but not effusive, again no complaints

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kathy T
Dear KPPinnage

Thank you very much for your kind review and of course thank you for staying with us!

Moore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We chose this hotel because of its location. There is no better location to stay in all of Lucerne. It is right on the river by the Chapel Bridge. The train station is right across the bridge from the train station, in fact you can see the hotel when you walk out the main exit of the train station. The rooms were average, nothing exceptional, but clean, comfortable and satisfactory. Breakfast was good, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The only cons: There is no air conditioner in the room, it wasn't too hot though because we traveled in October. We slept with the window open one night and it was a bit noisy. The shower is also very small.
Overall, our stay in Lucerne was amazing. We will definitely return and when we do we will stay at Hotel des Alpes.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa N
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Melissa N

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind regards
The Team of the Hotel Des Alpes Lucerne
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Spend your money somewhere else, the staff are not trained to provide good service, I have never been treated with such disrespect. I was presented a 10% discount card for the hotel restaurant and no one told me about any policy that you have to give it before you ask for the bill. I told them after they gave me the receipt I have the coupon but the waitress was too lazy to print another one and said the discount is not possible. Then I asked hotel receptionist why they never told me this policy or why was it never written in the card. The hotel worker Lorainne told me this policy is new and they didnt know about it so forgot to tell me. I then said it is not my fault then so I should have the right to get discount, she then said you have to present the card, and I said I did but she still refused to accept. She kept making up excuses and then told me I should have already known the policy because it is common sense when just a minute before, she said she didnt know about it either. This is pure laziness and rude to the customer. I will never come here again and already told all my friends travelling there to not go.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Cardamine37
GlobRes_12719, Manager at Hotel des Alpes, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Cardamine37

Thank you very much for the time you took to write your review. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this misunderstanding. We appreciate that you gave your respected comment, so we can improve our services to future customers. Wishing you all the best