“What a location!”

and up
Lucerne Day Trip from Zurich Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
Ranked #20 of 88 things to do in Lucerne
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This lovely house overlooking the lake is in such a beautiful peaceful setting that anyone was be jealous of Wagner having been able to live here. Nowadays it is a small but very interesting museum about the composer's life. The upstairs rooms have an exhibition with information boards on the walls. A few are in English but the vast majority are in German. I wondered why they had taken the trouble to translate a couple of them but not the rest. It was a shame as I was really interested to learn about his life. His grand piano was in the corner of one of the ground floor rooms along with other pieces of furniture. The entrance fee is very reasonable considering what an expensive country Switzerland is. There are concessions for seniors and students. I found it a very pleasant way to spend an hour but would have liked more in English. I would like to visit again but next time I will go in the summer and take more advantage of the wonderful surroundings too.

4  Thank Maz03

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Late July... and during my hour at this property, there cannot have been more than eight visitors, possibly less. When I spoke to the girl on Reception, she told me that this was usual. Incredible. You do NOT need to know anything about Wagner to appreciate this visitor attraction. On the second floor, a number of audio-visual facilities enlighten the visitor. Children and their interests are also catered for.

1  Thank plymouth
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was a very interesting place to visit. I gained mush information about Wagner's time living in this mansion.

1  Thank Labdogslover
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We greatly enjoyed out tour of the Wagner house. There is a wonderful collection of original manuscripts and you get a feel for Wagner's life style. The walk back along the lake was very pleasant. check for concerts on the grounds in the summer.

1  Thank Morag F
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good:
-I did my research, I took the right bus to the bus stop & after walking for more than 10 minutes, the place was still out of sight, thus pls do not waste time visiting this place. The good thing is, at the bus stop which I alighted, there is a big sign that reads "Richard Wagner Museum".

Bad:
-There should be another sign informing us that the duration to walk to the museum is more than 20 minutes!!!-

2  Thank singlish_sg