“Best restaurant in Luzern”
Review of Casa Tolone

Casa Tolone
Ranked #33 of 441 Restaurants in Lucerne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Me and my friends have been living in Luzern for 8 months now and we never had an amazing dinning experience like this one.

To start the food was delicious, totally worth the price. The environment and the kindness of the owners were something that will make us come back for sure.

Such a nice environment that we ended up staying there for 3 hours having fun and talking to Dario, one of the owners of this family restaurant.

I really recommend this restaurant to everyone who is looking for a beautiful place, delicious food and perfect service.

1  Thank Maria S

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We found the recommendation in the magazine in our hotel. The restaurant which is 5 minute walk from the famous lion sculpture is very quaint and we felt immediately at home. The location (which is slightly uphill) made the drink tasted so much better. The service is tip top and I dare say it is how a true warm Italian hospitality should feel. The manager let us sit at the terrace after operation hour and spoilt us with fine drinks. The price is reasonable in comparison to other Italian restaurant of the same standard. For sure, I will miss this restaurant when I am back.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

While we enjoyed the food our service turned us off. We found Casa Tolone while walking and searching “Trip Advisor” for restaurants. Now, don’t get me wrong, we enjoyed the food but the bad service started when we were seated and not looked at for some time. Finally a nice young man came over a helped us; learning he is the owner’s son. During the dinner his service was fine and enjoyable, however when he came with the bill he added an additional gratuity, this made us feel very uncomfortable about paying it. Being from the U.S. I always give additional gratuity because we feel the servers desire it, but this being forced on us we did not like at all especially in Switzerland where the gratuity is always included in the price of the dinner. Just thought everybody out should be informed. our experiences, you're helping travelers make better choices and plan their dream trips. Thank you!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had the true pleasure of visiting Casa Tolone during our visit to Lucerne and must say it was one of the best experiences I've had in a long while. You could see love in all aspects of this restaurant..We had the distinct pleasure of meeting Domenico, Dario and their extended unbelievable "family" .. While we truly enjoyed the food and high quality ingredients, the amazing atmosphere and beautiful scenery, it was their passion for making the evening special that made all of the difference. They really made us a part of the family for the evening. This was truly the best highlight of a wonderful trip to Lucerne and Geneva I could not recommend this place more highly!

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Food was good but a bit too salty. Service seemed to be of two types: attentive to the regulars but actively ignored our table and a few others for 45 minutes. The food certainly did not make up for the attitude.

1  Thank susan k