“"Mediocre"”

Ranked #36 of 438 Restaurants in Lucerne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Food was good although far from outstanding. Even tho I had a starter, main and dessert I had still room for a bit more. For the quite high price level the service was not fullfilling my expectations. First they mixt up the reservation so the early half of our Group had to change table with their drinks. Then they wanted us to eat the same menu as the waiter declared us "a too big group" (we were eight) what we refused. When we were asked for the order one of us hadn't have gotten a menu card. One salad came a while after all the others and the same person got the wrong main. They asked him if he'd still wants it what he refused because he really wanted the 59 franc beef filet he orderd with the result that he had to eat alone after us. Then they topped up our wineglasses with a second bottle of wine without tasting it in advance. Summerising things up I cannot give more than 3 points. There are better restaurants with that pricelevel in the city.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Typical, cozy, romantic italian restaurant (some outdoor spots available). Great for families with children. Incredible wine list, good service!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Me and my friends have been living in Luzern for 8 months now and we never had an amazing dinning experience like this one.

To start the food was delicious, totally worth the price. The environment and the kindness of the owners were something that will make us come back for sure.

Such a nice environment that we ended up staying there for 3 hours having fun and talking to Dario, one of the owners of this family restaurant.

I really recommend this restaurant to everyone who is looking for a beautiful place, delicious food and perfect service.

1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We found the recommendation in the magazine in our hotel. The restaurant which is 5 minute walk from the famous lion sculpture is very quaint and we felt immediately at home. The location (which is slightly uphill) made the drink tasted so much better. The service is tip top and I dare say it is how a true warm Italian hospitality should feel. The manager let us sit at the terrace after operation hour and spoilt us with fine drinks. The price is reasonable in comparison to other Italian restaurant of the same standard. For sure, I will miss this restaurant when I am back.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

While we enjoyed the food our service turned us off. We found Casa Tolone while walking and searching “Trip Advisor” for restaurants. Now, don’t get me wrong, we enjoyed the food but the bad service started when we were seated and not looked at for some time. Finally a nice young man came over a helped us; learning he is the owner’s son. During the dinner his service was fine and enjoyable, however when he came with the bill he added an additional gratuity, this made us feel very uncomfortable about paying it. Being from the U.S. I always give additional gratuity because we feel the servers desire it, but this being forced on us we did not like at all especially in Switzerland where the gratuity is always included in the price of the dinner. Just thought everybody out should be informed. our experiences, you're helping travelers make better choices and plan their dream trips. Thank you!