Luzernerhof Hotel
US$222
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for one night while on tour around Europe, was one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. The hotel was nice and clean, the staff were friendly, the breakfast was good with a lot to choose from. Overall the hotel was good except for the size of the rooms. The location was very good, right in the middle of town, just get outside and start walking around.

Room Tip: Try upgrade to a bigger room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sofia D, Leiter Front Office at Luzernerhof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Dear guest
Thank you very much for you feedback. We will forward your rating and concerns to our supervisors in order to constantly improve our services.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here with CTC Travel (Singapore). Great location near shops, attractions eg. lucerne old bridge. This is a small (small room but comfortable for 2 adults) and old hotel. Bring your own kettle if you want hot drinks in room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This property is convenient to the center of Lucerne and walking distance to most of the tourist attractions. The rooms in the hotel are VERY small. I had a single room and it was a very narrow room and the end of the hall. There is no separate temperature control in the rooms in this hotel and there are no TV channels in English.

The front desk and restaurant staff in this hotel were very nice. The front desk staff was willing to charge appliances for people that didn't have converters at no charge. The restaurant staff were accommodating at the breakfast hour and had everything set up and ready early. Dishes were kept full and tables bussed quickly.

My only complaint about this property was with the cleaning staff. I had the do not disturb sign on my door and the cleaning staff entered my room twice even though the sign was up. This is unacceptable.

While the location is convenient, it is located on a very busy street that was loud all the time. The windows weren't good enough to keep the street noise out. The rooms were also very stuffy, but it wasn't possible to keep the window open because the street noise was so excessive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CW1670

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Arrives quite happy as it was pretty central. The lobby was full with a touring party. Couldn't move. Escalators taken up by porterage of tour's luggage.
Place was reasonably clean.
I was shocked when I got to the room. A single room to me has always contained at least a double bed. This was a small single bed and a bathroom that could have been fitted in a plane.
When asked about Wi-Fi you has to pay for it. I've stayed in five hotels this trip to Switzerland and this is the first that I had to pay for Wi-Fi.
When asked about wear to buy a watch I was immediately directed to the most expensive shop in Lucerne. Not to mention all their free brochures.
Gone are the days when the small business is given a good plug.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Doogieman1

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Overpriced, 1 mean receptionist, noisy road. I stayed, then needed to leave for 1 night, then wanted to book more nights. The receptionist coldly, flatly told me I could not store my bag in a lockup for one night. "You must pay" (for a whole room) she said claiming there was no luggage storage (contrary to the listing on the hostelworld website). She didn't tell me about the lockers at the train station. I got a slightly better room at Drei Konige hotel (also near Lake) for half the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo