Hotel Waldstatterhof
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$237
US$164
ibis Styles
  • Breakfast included
1,126 results
All reviewstrain stationgreat locationold townbusiness roomdirectly across the streethalf boardburger kingchapel bridgetriple roomstreet noisequiet roomtourist informationthree starbreakfast was excellentfifth floorstayed here for nightscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We spent a few days in Luzern years ago. On this trip we were passing through, arriving late in the afternoon and departing on the morning cruise across Lake Luzern on the William Tell Express route. We booked one night at the Walstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel.
The hotel is steps from the train station and the boat dock. We found it easily, checked in, and were in our room in a snap. As advertised, the hotel is completely refurbished. The wooden floors and minimal furniture make it feel modern and the traditional Swiss quality make it quite comfortable. The bed and sheets are nice. There is ample lighting and electrical outlets. As our stay was very short, we didn’t unpack…but there seemed to be plenty of storage if you were staying longer.
The small bathroom makes good use of the limited space. There is a selection of amenities including shampoo/conditioner, lotion, nail file, and etc. The hair dryer is one of the best I’ve used in a hotel. The towels are plentiful and soft.
Although the window does not offer a view it does bring in nice crisp fresh air.
The tea/coffee maker is complete with a variety of teas and coffees. There is a safe in the closet, ample lighting and electrical outlets. Although it was not expensive, around a franc per hour, the wifi isn’t included.
The breakfast room is nice. The servers are very professional and pleasant. The choices include both hot and cold breakfast food. The fresh bread and local cheeses are delicious.
Check out was easy. I guess because we had booked and paid through hotels.com, we just had to pay the 4-franc tax in cash. The hotel location is ideal for both convenient for arrival/departure and site seeing around the beautiful city—I recommend it for travelers looking for high quality at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank celusnek
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The good thing about my experience with the hotel is that I got my early check-in, its really near the train station and the hotel is quite modern. Other than that for the price, I'm dissapointed by room size even by european hotel standard, can't keep my luggage open if I want to walk or open the door. Internet is chargable. Being near the train station means the hotel is within walking distance to the old town...good for travelling tourist.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Central position: the hotel is located nearby the railway station. There is nothing special to say about it (clean, friendly staff,...)

Though, I found the decoration a bit cold (business hotel style) and the prices high for the standard of the hotel.

No view.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I know that early check-in is not a norm, but if they can offer it, that will be very impressive to clients. We stayed on Saturday, guys in the bar just opposite were extremely noisy and shouting whole night almost until 5a.M. (that's why the hotel provide a pair of ear plug?). Generally, the hotel was not bad, but over-priced for it's facilities.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing main street, extremely noisy at Saturday night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Located right next to the train station (as well as bus station and the boat piers), the Waldstaetterhof is a thoroughly modern hotel housed within a classic old facade. My son and I splurged and stayed in a "business suite." He slept onthe sleeper sofa in one room and I had the double bed in the other. The rooms are modern and clean and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was good and it is served until 10am. The location of the hotel is ideal right in the center of Luzern which is a delightfully walkable city. The staff were very friendly and assisted us with dinner reservations both nights (I also highly recommend the information center in the train station.) There is no gym in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family