Walking distance from the train station, and so central to everything we had on our list of "must do"activities. At last tea and coffee making facilities in the room! A welcome sight. It was very comfortable and the toast making machine actually made toast as opposed to drying out the bread or merely warming it up. Because the hotel is so central, it's possible to go out and do sightseeing, come back to the room have a coffee or two , a quick rest, and then head out again. The main tourist attractions are never very far away, and the walking is easy and enjoyable. Staff at reception are efficient, not overly friendly, but the restaurant staff are great. Big plus, the meals at the restaurant are affordable and handy when it's late and you're tired out from walking all day. In the bathroom, the bath is extremely high walled so would be difficult for elderly people to step in and climb out of. It is also very small and cramped, the soap dispenser on the wall digs you in the back while you are having a shower. Double sink was valuable for 2 single females trying to get ready to go out at the same time. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with modern amenities and comforts is set in late-19th century Victorian in the downtown area; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Waldstatterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Lucerne
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne