May 15, 2010
Our group chose this hotel, not only because of TA reviews but also its proximity to the train station. It is directly across and no more than 10 minutes away on foot with luggage. Its appearance is grand and traditional although the common areas are updated with several young staffers willing to help and answer questions.
Our superior double was much more than that. I think it was a triple with a convertible sofa as the third bed. There was so much room to spread around. All the bathroom fixtures were new, and the general upkeep was topnotch.
It has two very small elevators. The dining room is very large and modern. We had our breakfast buffet there. I think their breakfasts are better than most.
The only fault is that the noise on Saturday night is very loud and continues through the night. I think it comes from the bar and McDonald's nearby. It was the most miserable sleep I have had in a long time. The management accepted our grievance although it was not their fault and gave us a generous rebate. But still at 260 ChF this place is pricey. Ask for a quiet room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel with modern amenities and comforts is set in late-19th century Victorian in the downtown area; staff is multilingual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Waldstatterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Lucerne
- Waldstaetterhof Swiss Quality Hotel Lucerne