“Delightful unexpected gem of a restaurant”

Waldstatterhof Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 433 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant was close to our hotel so we decided to have a meal there. I ordered the beef and pork on a skewer while my daughter had beef in herb butter. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The meat was just right tender, the sauces not too salty, the side veggies not overdone and the presentation was neat. It was totally unexpected. The service was efficient and pleasant. We liked the restaurant so much we went back a second time for breakfast the next day. This is definitely a place to eat at if you appreciate a good meal when on hols. You may see quite a few more elderly patrons than some other hip restaurants but please don't let this deter you. The food is excellent.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We enjoyed two meals at this lovely restaurant, right around the corner from our hotel. Met the chef, and congratulated her on the quality of the food and service.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We ate in this restaurant on our first night staying at the hotel. The staff were very helpful with choosing from the menu and were very knowledgeable when asked to explain certain dishes. We were lucky enough to have our own food waiter and drinks waiter. i am not sure if this is customary or just because it was a slightly quieter night. The presentation was of a 5 star and I was extremely impressed with the detail. You are paying restaurant prices which is a little more but I was satisfied with everything that was delivered on the night. The food, the service, the added detail, the ambiance the overall appearance and detail. Thank you for a wonderful fine dining experience. We enjoyed it immensely.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived in Lake Luzern and are staying at the Waldstätterhof hotel, adjoining which is this lovely restaurant with great food, moderately priced for the area and with superb service.
The servers were attentive, made excellent recommendations and made our first night in Lake Lucern very enjoyable.
Not only is the service superb, the portions are quite filling and the quality of food is really good.
I are a fish fillet while my husband, who is gluten sensitive and dairy free received a pork dish that accommodated his dietary restrictions.
I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Food was great. They were very accommodating for the kids (2 and 7) and the staff were super nice. Plus great gluten free options.