“Perfect for what we need.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne
Ranked #16 of 68 Hotels in Lucerne
Madrid, Spain
“Perfect for what we need.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel has an excellent location - in my case near the Museum.
The room was great, modern, spacious, overlooking the lake. All very practical.
A little strange to have a view of the train station, but at the same time funny - and that was enough to close the shutters.

Very important to us: Have a great machine with free coffee.
I highly recommend the hotel restaurant. I'll do a review.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I recently returned from a four day business trip staying at the Radisson Blu in Lucerne. The location is excellent as it´s very close to the railroad station plus it´s not far from the city center.

I asked for a quiet room as it was carnival time so I wanted to make sure I was not disturbed while I was sleeping. They gave me room 503 which is facing the courtyard which was a beautiful room, very comfortable and airey. It also had free internet, coffee making facilities and a mini bar.

I did find that there were a few issues which i did not like. Firstly the floor in bathroom was always so hot that I could not even stand there bare footed. The position of the room in relation to the hallway was such that you would frequently hear the loud walking steps of passers by even though there was carpeting.These are actually the only cons I experienced during my stay. For the rest, everything was perfect from the helpful people at the reception, wonderful breakfast to the lovely dinners at night. I want to add that also the room service in the hotel was impeccable.

Definitely the wellness center is worth a visit. It´s extremely well equipped along with a very well kept with Sauna and everything you might need to work out.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are the best...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LoveSun50
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Only stayed here overnight and wished I could stay longer! Their rooms are superb! Designed in a modern fashion, and always very clean and spacious. And if you ever get the lake view rooms, it will absolutely be worth every penny. The receptionists were absolutely helpful and the staff, very friendly (except for one at the restaurant). They gave us complimentary city maps and didn't mind us checking in late due to our delayed flight.

Location-wise, it's right beside the train station and near the Chapel Bridge, so a lot of things that are worth seeing are just a few minutes away.

They have quite a few choices for breakfast and for dinner as well. Absolutely loved their desserts. They also have free wifi allover the place, so you can check into your social networks and show your friends how lovely their hotel is.

Will definitely go back to this hotel someday.

Room Tip: Check out the lake view rooms!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed 2 nights in December and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. Only had breakfast while staying and the options were plentiful. The only drawback for me was that the hotel design was a little "ultra modern". When sharing a room could not feel confortable with a frosted glass bathroom wall, no door on shower and a slow drain make quite the mess on bathroom floor. Handy to have Post Office just around corner to mail home clothing so we could shop more as the town with wonderful stores is so close. Be sure to take a clock with you as there is none, couldn't figure that one out.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank roadtrip3r
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed for two nights before heading to Geneva. The hotel is located in the quieter part of town so it's quite nice. At the same time, the town is small enough that everything is within walking distance.

The pillows were horribly flat and gave me a bad neck. Even sleeping on two pillows didn't make a difference. Also, I requested for a king bed but instead got two beds pushed together to make for the size. Needless to say I still had to sleep as if I had a twin bed because I had to sleep on only one side as sleeping in the middle would be extremely uncomfortable.

The breakfast spread however is enjoyable and widely varied.

I wouldn't go back simply because of the pillows as I had very bad sleep during the stay.

• Stayed January 2012
London
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We got upgraded to a very nice business class room overlooking the lake. The room was spacious. The location is central. While it is not in the old town, it is literally a 10 min walk to the old town and 5 mins from the railway station. Our rate was inclusive of breakfast and I was very impressed with the spread. I would not recommend dining at the hotel for any other meal. The food is overpriced and not that great. Overall had a great stay and would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2011
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to others. We loved the modern decor and appreciated the spacious room with ample space for all of our bags/belongings. We didn't encounter any problems during our stay, although we did find it strange that they didn't have an alarm clock or any other type of time telling device, except the read out on the phone.

Our room was very quiet and we slept well. The breakfast buffet was included in our rate and was good, however, I'd never pay $32 (the exchange was almost equal at the time we travelled) a person for it on my own. We LOVED the steam room and saunas on the 5th floor and took advantage of them both days. We understand that they must be expensive to run, but were definitely disappointed at their very limited hours of operation.

While we very much enjoyed the modern style of decorating, some of the items/features in the room were more attractive than functional. The lighting in the evening left some notable dark areas in the room. The washroom door does not close all of the way and the room itself has no exhaust fan--which would make staying with anyone other than a spouse/significant other uncomfortable for sure.

The restaurant was prohibitively expensive--but the area itself is ridiculously expensive...so I suppose that's not so odd.

Staff were very friendly, helpful and prompt with meeting requests.

Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple