Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne
Hotel Magic(Lucerne)
US$158
TripAdvisor
1,224 results
All reviewsbusiness class roomluce restauranttrain stationold townglass wallbusiness hotelriver cruisemodern hotellake viewconcert hallbusiness tripwalk in showerroom was largeconvenient locationrooms are nicebed was comfortableexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A super first impression...
- The greeting and checkin at front desk was gracious perfection, genuine. I'm not used to seeing this polished quality at this price range -- albeit Swiss price range. I failed to get the names of the 2 gents and young gal that worked the afternoon to evening shift. Each day I looked forward to asking them how to get to where I needed to go the next day.
- I lost my room key, so requested another. It didn't work on the door, even though it worked to activate the elevator. So, I ran back to the front desk. The gent made another key, then immediately walked to the elevator, and went straight to the room with me to make sure I can enter properly and that no one was in the room. He simply and calmly escorted me and made sure I was safe. Kudos!
- I did not have time to pre-research how to get to Mt Pilatus and Rigi Kulm. I asked the front desk staff. They made it very simple for me. They even knew the ferry schedule by heart, and even which time slots and options were best and why. For example, it was good to know to get to Pilatus before the massive groups arrived on their buses.

The views...
- We booked the least expensive room. We got the half-half view. On one side was of a restaurant and nice condos. On the other was of Rigi, with its giant Swiss flag emblazoned on the hillside.
- The wall to wall straight-on view of Mt Pilatus from the relaxation room at the gym was simply awesome.

The gym...
- Good fitness facilities. Adequate set of machines, free weights, cardio machines.
- But! No water at the gym nor the relaxation room. I asked the cleaning person and was told I had to wait until it gets refilled later -- whenever that was. So, took the cup and took the water from the bathroom sink.

The room...
- Nice, comfortable, spacious
- The bench has 'hidden' storage area. The doors slide open, and neatly fit 2 giant luggage (29" luggage).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sasima
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Sasima,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback, it means a lot to our team. We're very pleased you enjoyed our "Yes I can" Service, especially the one of the Front Desk team. We will certainly let them know about your great comments. We're sincerely sorry about the issue with the missing water at the gym and it's disappointing to hear that whilst we strive to offer our guests the very best service; on this occasion something went wrong. We can only apologise for this experience and assure you this is not our usual standard here. We hope this didn't spoil your stay and we would be happy to host you again in the future. Best regards from Lucerne. M.Conzelmann

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Well placed hotel by lakeshore within easy walking distance of train/bus/boats & restaurants & shops. Very little traffic passes hotel.
Room was large & comfortable & very quiet. View from large window was of an office block a few metres away. Pay extra for a lake view.
Prices in line with the rest of Switzerland, expensive, you have been warned.
Lobby full of trendy furniture, looks good but is uncomfortable.
Excellent breakfast, staff plentiful but struggled to keep up with demand for hot items.
You can even make a pot of English breakfast tea.
A couple of minor nitpicks - Bedroom corridors not cleaned whilst we were there, same piece of chocolate on floor for 3 days.
When they built the hotel the builders did not realise that the wet area floor needed to fall towards the drain.
Excellent free wifi.

Room Tip: Try to blag an upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andyjg_12
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Andy

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback on TripAdvisor. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne Team is happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. The inputs of our guests are very important to us and we will certainly discuss them with the team in order to improve our "Yes I Can" Service. It would be a pleasure to welcome you here again very soon.

Best regards from Lucerne.

M.Conzelmann

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Modern and clean hotel in a convenient location. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating to our needs. Beautiful view of Lake Lucerne and only a short walk from the main station, which was helpful as we did many day trips during our stay.

Room Tip: The lake view room was amazing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo p

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking your time to rate us. It makes us very happy to read that you had a good time and that you liked our "Yes I can" Service. We're always eager to satisfy our guests and to get a good feedback makes our work worthwhile. We hope you will visit us again in the nearer future. M.Conzelmann.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights following a river cruise down Rhine which ended in Basle. Location was superb and following a recommendation, we updated for 60 Swiss Francs per night to a lake view room which was definitely worth it. The room was beautifully appointed although could have done with an extra lounge chair to sit and enjoy the view. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient but the restaurant staff could do with following their example!! Dinner was very relaxing and the food tasty, however breakfast time was a shambles with my wife and I having to eat in the bar on a bar stool. It is suspected that "groups" were booked into the hotel but were not allocated together at breakfast meaning more tables than necessary were being used. A bit disappointing but would still definitely stay here again if we return to this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Lakeside view rooms at 60 Swiss Francs per night are well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete11cc
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear guest, first of all we'd like to thank you for your honest feedback. It's pleasant to read that you liked our hotel and especially the beautiful view from our rooms. Our staff always strives to deliver their best "Yes I Can" Service and we are really sorry that you had an experience to the contrary. We can assure you that this is not the usual standard here and we truly hope we will get the chance to show you this in the future. Best regards. M.Conzelmann

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We just stayed there for 4 nights., hotel is clean and neat .,good bfast.,and easy acces to train n bus and cruise terminal.
lorena at front dest was very helpful during this 4 days and made my stay and trip superb.
if your destination is Lucerne for sure check this hotel as a first option

Room Tip: I had lake view room and its really good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SURESH110

Dear guest, thanks for your positive comments, it’s great to hear you had such a good stay! We're really pleased you enjoyed the hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future. We're delighted to share your kind words with the team here, especially with Lorena. Kind regards. M.Conzelmann.