“Overcame poor start”

Rebstock Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 432 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional yet inspired; seasonal and from the region! That describes the Rebstock cuisine. There are multiple restaurants to try, offering varied and creative takes on classic dishes. On sunny days, the large boulevard terrace at the foot of the Hofkirche cathedral and the cosy, romantic garden in the rear courtyard invite guests to some open-air enjoyment with a fresh drink from our bar.
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Arrived for dinner on an evening getting cool but with server encouragement we sat outside.

Said server then forgot us and as it got cooler we tried inside. We turned down the first table offered as it was in bad spot.

After this it got a lot better with a very good schnitzel and a very good beef tartar.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Very good restaurant to try Swiss dishes with good atmosphere and delicious food. We had tried wild meat dishes and went back for the second time for visit in Lucerne. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We visited Rebstock with a native of Lucerne for authentic Swiss fare and we were not disappointed. We had a beautiful table complete with large glowing candles and the service was superb. Our waiter was great help with the wine selections (we wanted Swiss wines) and our dinner selections were perfect. Our party of six all ordered different dishes and they were all delicious from the pumpkin soup to the scrumptious salad and every entree...absolutely perfect. Meatloaf, pasta with meat sauce and applesauce (really), swiss sausage, weiner schnitzel,veal...all wonderful! The location couldn't be better in the heart of Old Lucerne. Don't miss it if you visit Lucerne!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The great picture on the home page sets you up for a pleasant dining experience. My initial choice was to have the highly recommended meatloaf. After being seated our waitress suggested we order the beef roulade and so glad we did. Preceded by a delicious caprese salad which was accompanied by a bottle of fantastic Italian olive oil and fresh bread we were delighted from the start. There was no cost to share the plentiful entrée of beef, mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables and am glad we did. Our charming waitress even offered to bring us some additional homemade gravy which we gladly accepted so our bread and mashed potatoes would not go to waste. Definitely try Rebstock if you are near the Dying Lion sculpture or are going to the cathedral.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This is a restaurant in the heart of Old Town Lucerne. I have been to it in years past. It is casual and comfortable with outdoor seating in an area of character and antique shops. I decide to have lunch there with a friend. I ordered a soup and a tomato & mozzarella salad my friend ordered a chicken salad. My tomatoes were hard and with no flavor and the olive oil on the table was rancid. My friend's chicken salad was fine. But the quality of food for the price was off. I paid $58.;00 for this. I was disappointed the quality was less and the price was higher. I expect a lot more for a $58.00 lunch.