“May be easily the best place to eat in Neuchatel”
Review of Restaurant Le Jura

Restaurant Le Jura
Ranked #3 of 148 Restaurants in Neuchatel
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

During my 5 days stay in Neuchatel I have eaten 3 times at this restaurant. Each time it has been very delicious, great service.
I have ordered the tomato fondue first, which was plenty. Indeed, a little even too much for one person. Best if you can share it with some people at the table. Second I have ordered blue cheese sausage with rostli, that is very delicious, however a rather heavy meal. Third I had the cheese fondue, the small one, that was exactly the amount one person will feel satisfied with. Very delicious.
In the deserts there was one extraordinary treat: plumb sorbet with a plum liqueur, that had a French name. It was extremely delicious.

1  Thank K28A

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Located near Place Pury, the service was excellent, very friendly staff. Great Swiss cuisine, at reasonable price.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Sadly the waiteress was very unfriendly and arrogant. This ruined the excellent food.
She was arrogant and unprofessional. Sorry

3  Thank Flycampari
Reviewed 21 July 2013

After 5 years from the day I left Swiss, finally I have a chance to come back to meet my friends. We decided to choose Le Jura for the good old times. I was surprised because the restaurant still has the same warm atmosphere like it was 5 years ago. We ordered Fondue Bourguignonne for 4 and the portion was so huge, we couldn't finish them all. The local Pinot Noir recommended by the waiter was really good with the fondue. The desserts came after made us melt. It was so delicous, though we were too full, we just cant stop eating :))

1  Thank LienMT
Reviewed 27 May 2013

As a 7-year resident of Neuchatel, this is one of the restaurants you can return to for a consistently excellent meal. It includes not only local specialties like tripe (must admit, still not adventurous enough to try it!), but also the very popular moules et frites (mussels & fries), and a great variety of meat and fish. Vegetarians are well cared for with a delicious house-made ravioli, soups (onion soup is one of my favorites) and salads. Another plus is the owner's genuine desire to source food from local producers wherever possible. The wine selection is also quite good, with plenty of local wines from the region, but also other wines to try from farther afield. Well let's not forget dessert - made "a la maison" and a great finish to the meal.

Ambience: this is a classic french brasserie with comfortable booths and a classic sense of style and history. If you visit regularly, you also notice that there is low turnover in the friendly staff; a good sign that working conditions are good.

I have also heard you can rent a larger room upstairs for special occasions; I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list! The prices here are competitive with other restuarants in Neuchatel; you are getting high quality for a fair price. Children also have a good selection to choose from.