“Great Swiss Experience & Excellent Dinner”
Review of Mo

Mo
Ranked #12 of 148 Restaurants in Neuchatel
Price range: US$26 - US$46
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The MO is a concept of grill restaurant based on the cow, a theme you can find in the logo, the decoration but also in the plate : pure Swiss beef declined into tartares, burgers and grilled meet such as T-Bone steaks or beef filet !
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If its true that good meat (&milk) comes from happy cows, then none are happier than Swiss cows because the meat/viande/beef/boeuf/etc at Mö is simply the best! However, what really makes Mö a great experience is that its so darn homey. We have gotten to know the owners over a few trips and it always feels like they are cooking their best burgers, or steak tar-tar, recipes right out of their personal cookbook with all the love and attention you'd get at somebodies home. They even got the decor correct, it all feels so inviting and fun. Its a little tough to get in sometimes as they are quite busy, and not always open. However, try it, doubt you'll be disappointed. Especially if its your first time with a fresh egg on a hamburger ... yum!

1  Thank Smitter

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Good for meats and burgers. Their side salads are really excellent.
Excellent choice for lunch.
Can only recommend.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was not thrilled at first by the location, just off the main street, but quickly sediced by the cozy interior with darker colors, and a mix of country farm and urban decoration.

The menu is simple, on one page, with a special going for 30Sfr. I left the hostess recommenda local red Pinot for us and that was a good choice. Portions are of good size for Europe; you live satisfied, but not feeling heavy...

A nice stop for a reasonably priced dinner.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I recently had lunch with a couple of work colleagues at the Mö restaurant in Neuchâtel. This restaurant is located not far from the football stadium and shopping center La Maladière, thus a little outside of the city center.

I had lunch here before on several occasions and had always been very satisfied. This time though service was quite poor. We all ordered the Big Mö Burger. I wanted to have it without bacon and specifically mentioned this when the order was taken. The waitress who brought the burgers then asked who wanted the burger without bacon. However after I had started eating I noticed that the order had been messed up, my burger was with bacon. Too bad, taking orders and serving them correctly is not rocket science. I received my replacement when my colleagues had already finished.

The quality of the food is very good, the wine list is very nice too. Unfortunately this was not the best experience I had at this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Even though the location of this restaurant is somewhat outside the busy tourist area, it has its own particular seductive atmosphere.

Great service, a waitress with a permanent smile, efficient and helpfull made our experience here memorable.

We started off with a perfectly seasoned gaspacho and followed through with an excellent filet of beef.

To counter the strong taste of starter and main course, the waitress suggested a full flavored red wine : the Magie Noire 2009 - a local red with loads of character.
How right she was.

The dessert made our experience complete.

Whenever we are back in Neuchâtel, we will certainly visit this restaurant again.

Job well done guys and girl !

1  Thank Patrick G