“An exceptional hotel experience”
Review of Hotel Palafitte

Hotel Palafitte
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Neuchatel
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A night in this hotel is unlike any other. The experience is serene and magical any time of year (I went around Christmas and loved every minute). The entire experience is very exclusive and private- from your room it feels like you are in your own private hotel... or perhaps aboard your own private yacht as you look out over the lake! Highly recommended for those with high standards, those looking for a unique hotel experience, or for couples looking to spend some romantic time together.

Room Tip: DEFINITELY get a room on the water... I felt like we were floating out to sea
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I travelled to Switzerland for work and I stayed in Palafitte as Beaulac Hotel where I would normally book was fully booked and I must admit it is the first time ever that I am actually happy that it happened.

From the moment you enter Palafitte, the attention and service you receive from all the staff is excellent. Extremelly professional, friendly and very customer focused staff made you very welcome from the moment I arrived.

The member of the staff who checked me in walked me to the room and showed me all different commodities in case there was any doubt of how they work, I am actually glad she did, as there are so many that you could actually miss some of them and that way they ensure that you will be able to enjoy them all :), she also made hersef available for any other question or request that may arise during my stay.

Located on the Lake Neuchatel with amazing views, the room I stayed in it was incredibly spacious, spotless clean, very well equiped and with Amazing views facing the lake, the Nespresso machine in the room with assorted coffe and teas was certainly a plus, a very well assorted mini bar, magazines, plenty of choices on the TV..etc..

I cannot think of anything that I could not be happy with in this place;I actually wish i could have stayed a few more nights as it was a delicious place to stay.

I was about to go out for dinner but last minute changed my mind and asked if there was any availability in the restaurant, I was aware that I may need a reservation as t was a very busy evening but they immediately checked and accommodated me in a lovely table at the window facing the lake.

Very good menu, quality food and exceptional service: all added up together to a very enjoyable dinner facing the lake eating a delicious meal. Staff would be very attentive all the time making sure that every single person in the restaurant was ok. They really take care of you no matter how busy it gets and always with a smile, and a very friendly and profesional manner.

I have a very sweet tooth, cannot deny it but even if this is not your case.. I doubt you can say no to the amazing Desserts they have...

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are in Switzerland and if you have the chance also have some food at their restaurant...(without forgetting the dessert)

Room Tip: If you can book one of the rooms facing the lake you will be able to enjoy an amazing view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MarisaRV
AntoineChaumeron, Directeur général at Hotel Palafitte, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thank for your comments on our hotel.
We hope to see you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

What was it like? A box in a box in a box, amazement after delights. Floating on the celestial lake filled with morning mist with only the water hens to wake you, Soothing lights entering your luxury wooden abode on stilts to rock you to sleep, which you reluctantly leave for an aperitif by a wood fire followed by exquisite local cuisine and great choice of wine suggested by the friendly discreet but knowledgeable staff. Crazy money for an unforgettable moment.

Room Tip: you must go for the bungalows on the lake otherwise don't bother
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I ended up in this 5 star hotel in Neuchatel, after finding nothing else in a booked-out Neuchatel. It lives up to its 5 star reputation and has impeccable staff with a completely trouble free check-in. You´ll be shown to your room (which is really a box sitting either above or on the lake) by a member of staff. Make sure they show you how to operate the lights and blinds. Coming back late at night is not the best time to indulge in an exercise of learning by doing.

One slight problem. I arrived at breakfast late and was disappointed that everything seemed to have been consumed, despite in being only shortly before nine in the morning. This is a popular destination for conferences, and is often completely fully booked, so you run the risk of disappearing in the crowd. And yes, be prepared to pay a small fortune in taxi fares, if you need to go to and come from Neuchatel, since the hotel is located outside the town.

Nevertheless: a must see - in summer!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try a room actually above the lake in summer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank SwissFrenchBrit
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This is a great hotel situated on the Lake of Neuchatel. When I mean on the lake it really is ON the lake. Built for the Expo 2002 it was constructed on pylons overs the water. You can swim directly from your room (but maybe not in December). Views are unbeatable looking at the Alps shimmering above the water.
This was a birthday gift in which we took a special packet offering a bottle of Champagne and dinner in the restaurant. Excellent food, service and setting! I recently ate at the restaurant and it still deserves high marks. Bravo!

Room Tip: Front row only overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stoped by for a coffe, because we were staying in another city. We had a lovelly coffe at the deck with a gorgeous Apls View and some baloons flying around. Would recomend for everybody, at least stop by and drink or eat something.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andre A
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We have been returning yearly to this hotel for 8 years.....we come every fall for antique brocante nearby. It is one of my favorite places to stay for the atmosphere. On a sunny day you can see the Alps behind the lake and be able to swim from your balcony. Each room over the lake feels quite private due to the way they built not at a straight right angle. If any of your have read any of my other reviews you know I am obsessive about bathroom toiletries.....well 2 years ago the hotel decided to switch from the Bulgari line with these wonderful soaps and bath gels to Hermes and I must say I preferred the Bulgari line. Also on our most recent visit, fall 2012, I felt that the same care was not being paid to the housekeeping and maintenance.....this makes me sad although unless it really falls I still will come back because to wake up with the sound of the waves, birds and the fresh air makes a 2 day weekend feel like a much longer break! Although we brought our daughter here with us when she was younger I don't recommend this hotel for children. Unless you spend the money for two rooms it would be a bit cramped all in one. The restaurant is good but not spectacular. The service in the restaurant is friendly without be intrusive which on a romantic getaway is what I want. Overall I think for a hotel in Switzerland which are generally quite expensive this hotel has something quite special due to the location. This is what keeps us coming back every year, and while I agree with some of the comments other travelers have written it hasn't dropped in standard enough to lose us as guests.......yet. Both my husband I felt it was time that they replaced and upgraded the mattresses and pillows in the rooms. Also our room was not as perfectly cleaned this time with dust on the settee behind the pillows and the floor of the WC. All in all we still enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at this hotel spend the extra money and stay over the lake! Not in one of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple