Hotel des Arts
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Palafitte(Neuchatel)
View Hotel
All reviewsclean hotelbreakfast includedexcellent locationhotel is situatedwithin walking distancerecommend this hoteluniversityswitzerlandlakeinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I was here in Neuchatel for a meeting by the Centre Suisse d'Electronique et de Microtechnique and I really appreciated my staying in this hotel, a pitty that I could stay there only for a couple of days, Neuchatel is an amazing place, with a great view on the lake and the Alps. The rooms were very clean, and the price was fair (125 S.FR. including tax); good and various breakfast in the morning, I appreciated the excellent marmelades and teas.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed in room 409, which is at the street side. Windows open, a bit of noise but not enough to keep one awake. This is a large room that can sleep 4 (2 on sofa bed). Hardwood floors! Friendly and English speaking receptionists. Small elevator only holds 3 people at the time (without luggage that is), but there are two of them. Beds, duvets and towels are very good. The location is about a block from the lake. The hotel provided us with free tickets for a roundtrip on the lake! Parking is on the street or general parking lot a block away, but free with the hotel's placard. The hotel connects to the restaurant, which is pretty pricy. The breakfast was included in our price, and quite good. Best croissants I've had so far. Cereals, yoghurts, juices, fresh fruits. No coffee maker in the room, but that seems to be standard in France.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Hotel des Arts provides all the basic requirements one would need for a short break. Room on top floor was small but lovely, so was the bathroom(shower) although it would be too hot for summer. however this did not cause us any problems since we did not spend so much time in the room. there was not much of a choice for breakfast but it was enough for a short stay. this hotel is also very conveniently situated near the funicular that takes you to the train station and is also a few minutes walk from the centre. Hotel staff was friendly and we found this hotel reasonably priced for Switzerland.

Room Tip: our room on the top floor did not have an ac so not recommended for summer days.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrea12303
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We arrived late at night, and our first our impression was positive. The hotel is well located, only 2 blocks from the cable car to the railway station. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Decor is nice -- original signed prints. Breakfast the next day was very good. But after that it was downhill all the way. The room had no safety deposit box, and when we asked to leave our valuables in the hotel vault, we were told there wasn't any! There was no air conditioning, only a fan, and as our room began to heat up we had to close the outside metal window blinds. This made us feel imprisoned in our own room, especially as the room was rather small. We went out to the old town, did some sightseeing, had lunch, and came back to find our room had not been done. I phoned the manager. She was unapologetic. She said the room would be done by 5 PM. I told her that we wanted to rest undisturbed and no to bother, but to be sure to have it done by 3 PM the next day. She said she would 'try." I said that wasn't good enough; we wanted to rest in our room in the afternoon, and I insisted. She said it would be cleaned by 3 PM, added "I'm glad I don't have many customers like you," and hung up! It was indeed cleaned by 3 PM the next day, but only on that day. Afterwards, things reverted to by 5 PM. My advice is: stay away from this one.

Room Tip: [Re above: there is no swimming pool or fitness center]
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This is your basic hotel, not much more than a Holiday Inn or the like. Do not expect much, but by Swiss standards, this is a reasonably priced hotel. We stayed here in mid-July with kids. The room had a nice view of the lake. The breakfast was adequate (free board). It was still not very warm, so the lack of air conditioning wasn't missed but I can only guess what guests do in August. The staff, however, was non-local and couldn't help play the concierge; we had to go to the tourism office to get all our info.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family