“Basic, but clean and comfortable”
Review of Hotel Rheinfall

Hotel Rheinfall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Neuhausen
Hampshire
“Basic, but clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The Rheinfall is a clean basic hotel, but does have the advantage of WiFi in all rooms. I am happy to recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for clean, reasonably priced accommodation in Neuhausen.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The waterfalls are beautiful, worth the visit, but the whole town is a tourist trap, and one of the worst I've seen.
This particular hotel would be alright if it was 3/10 of the prize.
It is old, awfully decorated, the bathrooms are scary and not particularly clean, the rooms are more or less clean but terrible aesthetically.
The breakfast is really very low quality, a big disappointment.
The staff looks suspicious but they are nice though.
For the price once I paid once for a suite-kind hotel in the NH in Seville (Spain) (the breakfast there was spectacular, the location fantastic) I got a room in what it looks like a low quality brothel in an un-charming location...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ec_grs

Travellers are raving about these Neuhausen hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2011

The bus stop right in front of the hotel – how sweet is that! This is why I picked this hotel. Nuehausen is rather small. It was a working distance from the hotel to the famous – biggest falls in Europe – the Rheinfalls!

There are restaurants, supermarket on the same street as the hotel, I just walked to anyway. I took the bus in front of the hotel to go to Schaffhausen and it was only 15minutes away. The train station is located behind the hotel where you also get to Schaffhausen or any other cities in Switzerland.

The minute I enter the hotel though, I could smell the Indian incent which gave me a pretty weird feeling.

The service of the staff was fantastic. I screwed up the booking. When I arrived at the hotel, the staff told me I had 2 reservation, one was booked through their website on one was through Booking.com. I was very sure I cancelled on of them tough. They wanted me to cancel the booking with Booking.com however it was too late and I was subject to a night charge. I thought I was going to pay 2 rooms night because of my mistake however the staff was kind enough to let me cancel my booking with them without a charge!

The room was clean and the single bed was comfortable. Although I find it was a little weird to have a sick in front of the bed. The bath room was clean with enough amenities.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and it was good. Free wifi throughout the hotel was convenient. Again, I could smell the Indian incents at breakfast that didn’t impress me much.

Since this is the closest hotel to Rheinfalls and I think the only hotel in Nuehausen, I would probably go back to this hotel again.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank VanessaMunYee
Switzerland
Reviewed 22 April 2011

i don't know how they get away with their website. entirely overselling. crappy, loud rooms with kitchen smells. rudimentary bath room (actually a shed built into the room). short: don't go there.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank artys007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neuhausen
Hotel Kronenhof
#1 of 7 in Schaffhausen
Hotel Promenade
Hotel Promenade
#6 of 7 in Schaffhausen

Been to Hotel Rheinfall? Share your experiences!