“Perfect stay for my ski holiday! :)”
Review of Hotel Spitzhorn

Hotel Spitzhorn
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My ski holiday in Gstaad was made extra fun by the happy and warm reception of Ilse and Michel. The facilities in Spitzhorn exceeded my expectations (kudos on the pool and sauna!), they made my stay absolutely relaxing! Hope to come back for summer season:)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank GenWolbert

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I loved my last trip here so much I just had to come back! The staff were so friendly and even remembered my name! Little things like that make this hotel truly amazing! The value for many is outstanding much you get much more for your money than the 5 star hotels that try and rip you off ! In some establishments 36 francs for a beer!! Here it is much less! Another very memorable stay and I will be back!!

Room Tip: The fews from the side facing the Egli mountain are amazing! definitely worth the few extra francs!
2  Thank thelostplot97
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff, rooms, amenities, food, ambiance, and location of Hotel Spitzhorn all provided our family with a wonderful experience. The management and staff are superb. Extremely welcoming to all families, young couples, and older couples. We could not have felt more comfortable, secure, and cared for in their embrace. I highly recommend Hotel Spitzhorn for those who would like an active vacation of hiking, fresh air, great scenery, town activities and entertainment - or for those who wish to have a quiet time of relaxation. A great hotel.

3  Thank jdseymour
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed with my 8-year-old daughter and we had a blast! The hosts helped us find fantastic outdoor activities, and my daughter enjoyed the play room, playground, and fantastic food. This beautiful hotel was a wonderful way to explore the area, and I cannot recommend it highly enough!

2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having previously visited the Hotel Spitzhorn in Gstaad over the winter I was very keen to re-visit during the summer to see if the incredibly high standards had been maintained. It was with great delight that I found this wonderful, unique hotel to not only be maintaining their high standards but superseding them.
The team work together as one happy family with Michel and Ilse Wichman the parents. The food is of the highest standard and the wine cellar varied and interesting. The hotels' facilities are perfect and the view from the terrace is one of the best in the region; a perfect setting for morning coffee or Aperitifs in the evening.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, their only interest is to ensure that your stay is happy, enjoyable and memorable.

4  Thank videmanette
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great prices, warm host and staff (nothing was too much trouble for them), large and well designed rooms, a good restaurant... Almost impossible to find fault

Two days after we returned, thd hotel even offered to post us a small lock we had forgotten in the room!

The hoteliers of nearby gstaad better watch out

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank BongAbroad
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Service in all ways was impeccable. We stayed for five days and enjoyed walks to Gstaad and hikes in the hills. We were helped with maps and trail descriptions. We had a meal plan and ate all our breakfasts and dinners at the hotel. It was a diverse menu with an international flavor. They also introduced us to some satisfying Swiss wines. We will return when we next visit this part of the world. We look forward to doing so next year.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple