Hotel Le Grand Chalet
Hotel Arc-en-ciel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$195
Gstaaderhof Swiss Quality Hotel(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$194
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bernerhof Gstaad(Gstaad)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Olden(Gstaad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshidden awayserving excellentincredible valuebeautiful roomsurrounding mountainsenjoyed our staybeautiful propertytraditional swissdelicious foodjunior suitehalf boardvalleyterracechaletswitzerlandcuisinesauna
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife and I had only one night to stay in Gstaad, and chose this hotel based on itsTripAdvisor reviews. It did not disappoint us. We had a little trouble finding it because there were no signs, and the drive was narrow and a bit steep. But once we got there the hotel was a lovely Swiss chalet on a hillside with very scenic views. A bellman appeared as we got out of our car and whisked our luggage off. The receptionist smiled brightly as we came inside and graciously escorted us to our room on the second floor. Our luggage was already in the room. The room was spacious and had a lovely balcony looking over the town and valley, with mountains in all directions. There was complimentary wifi for our iPad. The dinner on the terrace was upscale and delicious. It was very attentively served as we watched darkness descend on the valley. The weather was unusually warm that day and we were disappointed that the hotel did not have a fan for us to use in the room that night, but it did cool down nicely later on and we had a comfortable night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was very bountiful, and the waitress actually cooked some fried eggs to order for us. All-in-all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank SMGJr
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night about ten days ago, and I have no complaints whatsoever. The reception staff was extremely friendly and courteous. She even walked me to two different rooms and gave me a choice, explaining to me that one of the two rooms available has better views, but may be just slightly noisier (since it is close to the restaurant). I ended up choosing Room 122, which is huge and comfortable. The view from the balcony is still quite nice, even though not as grand as the marvelous view (of the surrounding mountains and valleys) from some of the rooms located at the front of the hotel. I did not care for the style of the decoration of the rooms (I would call it very nice comfortable grandma style), but they all seem to be very spacious, clean and comfortable. Wifi was included, and the breakfast was great.

The only downside I can think of, about the hotel, is that it is located on a little hill. If one does not have wheels, it may be a little bit of a hike to go back to hotel from the middle of town.

I would definitely recommend this hotel with no hesitation.

Room Tip: If you like beautiful mountain views, be sure to ask the check-in staff for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sdgt625
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on our tour of Switzerland and really wished we could have stayed for longer. The staff are excellent, they can't do enough, going out of their way to make sure you have what you want, they organised a days hike for us at no notice. The hotel is in the style of a typical Swiss chalet so it's quite informal and relaxed (unlike many hotels in this part of the world). The rooms are large and luxurious furnished and ours had a magnificent view over the town and the mountains. The restaurant is first rate, serving excellent well cooked food - and the chef will cook just about anything you want. So are there any downsides? Not really - apart from the price but if you can afford it then this is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Divaphoto
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is very nice and cozy, decorated in a swiss chalet style with a wooden.
It's located in avery quite area, a littile away from Gstaad center, but since we were by car, it wasn't a problem.
The room is big, clean and also very cozy and makes you feel at home.
Sauna is also nice and since the hotel is not big, there are not many people, so we were in SPA center alone.
Breakfast is also marvelous with good choice of local cheese and jams. And from the terrace you have a breakfast there is a nice view on mountains.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria N
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I went there for my birthday and we booked directly for a Chez vous package (3 nights).
The hotel is located high on the hill top, so we couldn't really walk to walk and back (plus it was freezing cold in Jan.) but the hotel offers a shuttle ride whenever needed till 21h00 (not so sure till what time).
The rooms are cozy, clean and very pretty.
Breakfast downstairs had great choice, also you could order breakfast in room free of charge.
In our package we had dinner included and I can only say kudos to the chef. The food was exquisite.
At the reception, they were very helpful and pleasant. They organized our activities with pleasure and I would like to thank them once more for being so helpful.
We enjoyed our stay there very much and would like to visit again and this time maybe even in the spring.
So I highly recommend le grand chalet to everyone.
Enjoy : )