“Wonderful Swiss Ambiance”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful Swiss Ambiance”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This gem of a chalet hotel in Gstaad enjoys the best panaoramic views of the snow-capped mountain ranges and beautiful lush green meadows.

The hotel design (both external and interior) is truly a masterpiece of Swiss ambiance and comfort.

The hotel owner, management, staff, and chef, work as a team in an inviting, unobtrusive manner making their guests feel right at home from the moment that you arrive.

Our holiday stay for 4 nights in June 2013 was unforgettable.

I cannot recommend a more wonderful hotel anywhere.

Miriam & Arthur - Toronto, Canada

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
Paris
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was our first time in Gstaad and I can really recommend this place, it is just perfect, very professional and service oriented. Even though we had very bad weather conditions, this is by far one of my best hotel experiences.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 234MariaV
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This beautiful chalet looking down on Gstaad from a hill was the perfect place to stay for me and my husband when we spent a "child free" weekend there in the end of January 2013. It´s a small and very welcoming hotel with excellent service. Our room was exactly as shown in the pictures, modern and yet with the alpine atmosphere that you expect to find. Front desk was very helpful with everything from parking our car to information about the skiing in the area. We even got to choose what time we wanted to check out on our last day! The hotel also has an award-winning restaurant with an extensive wine cellar. We dined there two nights in a row and we were more than pleased with both food and service. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Gstaad.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda S
Lugano
Reviewed 4 February 2013

It was not my first time at the Grand Chalet and I have always loved it as it is a very cosy hotel, small and homey and everyone is super nice. They have a very good restaurant downstairs (but very expensive) and I love the position as it is easy to go for a walk with my dogs (who are very welcome here). The rooms are Chalet style and usually comfortable. But this year we decided to go for a cheaper north side room and were quite disappointed with the small size. The south facing rooms have much more room. I remembered that it gets very hot during the night but because our room was very small it was roasting in there. Every night around 3 am I had to open the windows really wide and wait for the room to cool down. Even sleeping with the window open did not help. The pillows could also use and update and they are too soft. Definitely go for the bigger rooms!

Room Tip: South facing rooms are 10 times better.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lopalops
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Having seen many of the great, famous exclusive hotels in the world I can say that this hotel has everything one can wish for, and more. When you first arrive you are struck by the friendly athmosphere and the willingness to help and welcome you, in a proffessional yet familiar way. Our car was parked for us in the free-of-charge warm garage, the skis placed in the ski room and the luggage put in our room. My wife and I had chosen a room on the back side and it was decorated in a typical swiss alp chalet style, standard size. Newly decorated bath room and a spatious terrace overlooking the mountain.
The restaurant is located beside a lovely sitting room with a fireplace, and the views are spectacular overlooking Gstaad and the alps. The food is excellent and the service as well, they are ranked as Gstaads best restaurant with mentions in the Guide Michelin. The wine list is 30 pages with lots of the famous Bordeaux grand crus. Prices are what they are in Switzerland but its no more expensive than the rest of the town. They even have a smoking room downstairs where my wife and I took our coffee after dinner. Breakfast is good with bread baked in the same day, you can get eggs and bacon on request.
The hotel staff is curteous and friendly and we got a lot of help with questions conserning skiing areas and maps. The TV has a lot of english speaking channels and some english movie channels. I think the only reason this hotel has 4 stars is because they dont have the typical hair dresser and jewellery or fashion shop, or three restaurants. Otherwise it is clearly a five star place with a five+ star service. We even got a bag with something to drink and eat when we left on our way to Geneva airport.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterPilotSweden
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Last week, we were holidaying in Gstaad for the weekend, we dove there without any reservation & the Hotel Grand Chalet came recommended. Unfortunately, it was booked up fully, but I MUST recommend their restaurant "La Bagatelle" where we decided to eat & begin our weekend. Our decision was maybe impetuous, but I certainly was not sorry for this unplanned meal that we had here. Firstly, I was very impressed by the care & attention that the server on our table took to explain his recommendations for lunch. It took us almost a good 12-15 minutes to select from his recommendations, but I noticed very particularly that the server and also his helper who was a very pleasant young lady, went to that extra bit, to delicately explain their chef's handiwork. It actually put us all at so much ease that I can compare his explanations of the dishes we selected from, to a smooth elixir or some vintage wine that you savor before you partake of a good meal.
We began the meal with an Entrecôte (Entrecôte de Boeuf) that was done so deliciously that it disappeared before we could have our second glass of wine.
Our entrees were a whole Chicken (Poulet De Bresse) & an outstanding Sea Perch (Loup De Mer Outhier).
The Whole chicken was, as the name suggested, cooked whole with the skin crisp & the flesh juicy & succulent. I really appreciate the way he carved the portions & brought them to our plates. We savored each cut as he placed them with his unique flair for us to devour.
The fish was an amazing piece of culinary art that arrived on our table. The whole Sea Perch was caked into a pastry shell abou

Room Tip: Couldn't stay here as we arrived here unannounced & without reservations. But the superlati...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank AMARDEEPTONYSINGH
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Breathtaking view, nice and big rooms with terrace, very welcoming staff
You fell a home taking a tea in the typical mountain style decorated hall
Good place to go in winter or summer, Gstaad is a very hype winter station and you can cruise some stars walking around

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple