“Amazing ski vacation !”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
New York City, New York
“Amazing ski vacation !”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We spent with my husband our holidays in Gstaad Palace and we really enjoyed our stay.
Staying in Gstaad Palace was the best choice, since all the happenings, party events and and social gathering took place at the hotel.
The spa facilities were amazing. The choice and quality of restaurants was very good too.

What we didn't like was the fact that the hotel did not offer convinient transportation to the ski lifts. We knew it was far from the slopes, but for the price we are paying we expected to be transported at the slopes free of charge.
Taking a taxi everyday to go skiing was annoying to say the least !

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
AVENTURA
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just stunning everything! Loved loved loved this place!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 February 2012

but yet they still treated me like THE most important guest they have ever had.

GPH is like the French Laundry of hotels, you simply cannot believe that a hotel stay could ever be this good, albeit for a price that will probably blow your mind. But, as they say, "if you have to ask how much something costs then you can't afford it."

Highlights of the trip include:

THE LOBBY BAR
Elegance and supreme comfort plus they throw in a smoking room! Make sure your check out the owner's magnificent collection of matchbooks from the greatest gin joints on the planet.

THE SPA
This is why Candido Jacuzzi invented the Jacuzzi.

GILDO BOCCHINI
If you meet the man, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, then you need to add him to your "Bucket List"

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Norwig H
London
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We only had drinks at the bar, but given the mismatch between prices and service I decided to submit some feedback. When we visited the bar was relatively empty. There was a large group (30 or so) of relatively young guests, an older couple and the omnipresent Russian "minigarch" with his entourage. When we sat we had to attract the attention of a waiter to get a drinks menu. The prices are quite high (CHF 25 for a Martini), but the drinks are expertly prepared by Italian bartenders. Unfortunately the good service stops there. We were left alone for an hour and no-one ever came back to ask if the drinks were alright and if we wanted more nuts. Additionally the staff seemed more interested in debating among themselves and quite loudly than looking after the paying customers. If this level of service is indicative for the hotel, then you can get much better for your buck.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Londonsense
Newport Beach
Reviewed 20 January 2012

What's not to love about the Palace! It's traditional, chic, posh. They still have a dress code in there restaurant. You have a chance at seeing the most famous people on the planet at any given time. The Green Go is an over the top experience but worth every second (and almost every euro). Try the burger, it's so delicious. There are many choices for dining but I like the main lobby best.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I visited the Grand Palace Hotel as part of the Roy Emerson Tennis Week in September 2011. This was my first visit to Switzerland and my first stay in a 5 star hotel for 7 nights 8 days.

Initially I felt a bit overwhelmed after a long trip to get to Gstaad from Australia. However, I did appreciate the prompt and efficient service of the hotel staff.

At no time did I experience any rudeness or snobbery described by other reviewers. Initially I found the staff to be polite but reserved. However, after a couple of days there, I found them much more friendly. Some of them even began to appreciate my Australian sense of humour and adopted the Aussie greeting "G'day Mate!". I left Gstaad with a very memorable experience.

I found the accommodation at Gstaad Palace to be impeccable.

Overall I found the food fantastic (only one meal was not to my liking but it was quickly corrected after I explained my complaint) and the service to be exceptional in the restrauant. I did note that the prices of the food and drink were very expensive, but I suppose that this is not unusual in a 5 star hotel. (However, because meals were included with the Roy Emerson Tennis Week, I found my stay to be quite good value).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The Palace was an awesome summer time experience. We can not wait to come during the winter.

• Stayed August 2011