“Luxury at its Best”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Luxury at its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The meaning of Luxury is a stay at this wonderful hotel.really huge rooms on the first floor with a large terrace was excellent , the rooms were so well equipped that one does not need to call for anything.The house keeping was of a very high standard, and each day during the stay the whole bed including the shams etc were made and all the pillows placed.
The spa was really nice and both the indoor and the outdoor pool maintain a very comfortable temperature level.
The restaurant was excellent and the food was of a very high standard and the service i cant tell you enough about, for i think one of the best i have experienced.
The staff in the whole hotel was s helpful and smiling genuinely all the time.
This is really a Palace and even though they now have competition in the form of a newly opened hotel across the road, still believe you me the competition is no competition in the true sense.This truely is a very grand hotel .The tennis courts were very busy when we were there but one could book and use them esily.
Will definately want to get back in here in a hurry

Room Tip: First floor rooms with a terrace
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am looking forward to returning this year to the Palace Hotel, Gstaad. I have been a guest at this fabulous hotel for the past 15 years, and it is truly a six star hotel. Each year I return I am greeted by the entire staff and have the feeling that I am returning home after a long journey. The location is superb, the rooms are fabulous, views unsurpassable. The staff at the Palace pay attention to every detail, and from year to year have remembered everything about my stay. The food is always fresh and tasty. I was fortunate enough to do a "kitchen tour" a number of times, and have always been so impressed by how modern and up to date everything is. I can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, but I prefer the ones with mountain views!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheila C
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Gstaad Palace isn't just a place to stay it is completely experience from the inside out.
From the moment you step in the warmest welcome from the the staff who await for you like a long last family member , you get a feeling things are going to be pretty good. In fact it was one of the best hotel were we have been so far . From the housekeeping to the sommelier the service is incredible . Lunch and dinner never failed to surprise us and all the attention to details was amazing .

We definitely be back

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank 122132
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am sure that, like us, you are considering the "other" Palace hotel in the land of chocolates and cuckoo clocks = the Palace Hotel in St Moritz. So how do both compare?

a) service: Gstaad Palace is friendly & attentive.. St Moritz Palace is cold & arrogant

b) decor: Gstaad P is full of open fireplaces & warmth.. St Moritz P has zero fireplaces & feels like a large sanitarium

c) rooms: Gstaad P has beautifully renovated suites.. St Moritz P is an icon of the 70s with dated rooms, furniture, interiors

d) food: Gstaad P has a plethora of lovely restaurants.. St Moritz P will have you paying crazy money for basic food

e) entertainment: Gstaad P has a fun, young night club.. St Moritz P has a night club that will remind you of the 80s.. fine if you are into that kinda thing!

So, all in all, forget the Palace Hotel in St Moritz (in fact, maybe forget St Moritz altogether as it's a concrete jungle with the lake as its' only redeeming characteristic!).. it's not worth the crazy prices. Go to the Palace Hotel in Gstaad where you will have a lovely stay with lovely people!

Room Tip: Pay up for one of the suites with a romantic view of the valley.. best enjoyed from your private ter...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Titillator
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed ten days at the Palace in January. I was scared at first as I remember this hotel 40 years ago and its reputation of stuffy, snobby and selectively efficient depending on who was the guest. I must say that I was agreeably surprised and overall very satisfied with my stay at the Palace. First the rooms & bathrooms are first rate, very comfortable, large with free internet service. The hotel rooms and lounges are pretty appointed with a chic rustic swiss feel; the SPA is very nice, first class as well as the restaurants and lounges. As far as food and service, I felt that le Grand Restaurant was the best restaurant of the hotel; a very nice menu, very efficient service and a maitre D with his staff that knows his business. The other restaurant "Le Grill" was somewhat a step under in service with a limited menu and an unjustified price hike versus the main restaurant; near le Gril, you have a bar where you can have a drink and listen to a singer in the evening. Gildo's, the italian restaurant by the name of the longest serving head of the restaurants, is serving classic italian fare; service was efficient and the food was good. La fromagerie, finally is the last restaurant at Palace and one that I would skip. The service is below what is expected and you can find better in Gstaad or surroundings if you are looking for a fix in raclette or fondue. In conclusion, the Palace in Gstaad is a very nice hotel; they were minor quirks during my stay, but the overall experience was positive. If you are looking for a dressy, chic' vacation in this exclusive resort and don't mind paying Palace prices, go for it; you won't be disappointed; they will know on how to pamper you and your wallet will be lighter after your stay...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

My family stayed in a suite at the Gstaad Palace from July 10-14 and we had the most wonderful time.

Everything at the hotel was perfect. At check in everyone we met was friendly and helpful. They provided everything we needed as soon as we asked: directions, restaurant recommendations, a shop to buy some warmer jackets.

Our room had just been refurbished and it was beautiful. The beds were comfortable, the living room furniture was gorgeous and the bathrooms and closet were perfection. The closet was enormous and very well lit.. a huge plus.

We ordered room service almost every night and the servers would set our table as if we were in the formal dining room and then bring our food up. I don't think anything was amiss. And room service was so fast that my husband and I joked that we thought perhaps there was a secret kitchen for each room because someone would be at the door within two minutes of a call for food or coffee.

The hotel was not stuffy, although we were there off season. We thoroughly enjoyed every staff member we met and the manager made time to introduce himself during his stay.

I cannot think of a single negative about this amazing hotel. It is my favorite in the world and sets a very high bar for all others. I should have left this review sooner.

Thank you Palace for an amazing trip!!!

Room Tip: Mountain view and refurbished if possible
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelGirlABC
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I spent 3 nights of my honeymoon in Gstaad Palace. We loved our stay there and my wife was over the moon the entire time. The Champagne we received on arrival as a wedding gift might have been a factor. We had a great time over-all. The service was excellent and the rooms were really nice - if a little cosy. The food was excellent and the hotel even comped some meals for us (probably because we were on our honeymoon). The staff is courteous and extremely helpful (they even helped my wife out when the soles from her shoes came off).
If I ever visit Switzerland again I'm definitely staying in the Gstaad Palace.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple