“Great redesign and superb service at Gstaad classic hotel”
Review of Le Grand Bellevue

Le Grand Bellevue
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Gstaad
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Superb friendly service at this wonderful hotel. Beautiful room, excellent spa and pool. Breakfast on terrace and dinner well worth the Michelin star. Great job by the new owner in total renewal of interior design. And concierge quite happy to park our Mini amongst the Aston Martins. Definite come again hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
LGBgstaad, Owner at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear AndrewXFarrell,

Thank you for your staying with us and of course for your writing a humorous and positive review of your experience here!

I am glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast terrace; it is gorgeous when the sun bears down in the morning, along with the fresh cut lawn, and the light breeze. Summer is finally showing itself here...

I do hope you shall return soon...and wish you fun driving through the Alpine roads.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We recently spent three nights at Le Grand Bellevue and we highly recommend it. The design is a very pleasant and inviting combination of traditional and trendy boutique style. It's luxurious but still casual. Rooms are beautifully decorated and well maintainted and bathrooms are spacious and nice. The only remark we have is that the shower pressure is very low which makes it less enjoyable than expected in such a hotel.
The hotel's restaurant "Leonard" is delicious and the spa is wonderful. Staff is very cordial and helpful. Location is perfect - Right on the promanade but at the same time secluded and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
LGBgstaad, Owner at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear BLOYA,

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us, and of course for your lovely review.

It was perfect that you were able to identify the true nature of our hotel, one which is impeccable in terms of facilities and finishing, but one which remains tangible and understated. It is important that our guests are able to experience the finest quality of product, but be able to relax thoroughly at the same time.

I do hope you shall return and visit us soon?

With kind regards,

Daniel & the Team at Le Grand Bellevue...

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We have had two marvellous stays at the Le Grand Bellevue, and both were excellent. Extremely professional staff, excellent restaurant, perfect services. The gorgeousness of the area does not hurt either. You can't go wrong by staying in this wonderful property.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear AugustoPellegrini,

As Owner and Managing Director of Le Grand Bellevue, it is my 'hotelier's' dream to fill the hotel with friends and family. The friends so far have been such as yourselves, wonderful people returning frequently to enjoy our special hotel. Thank you for your continued support and returning to see us!

With kind regards and looking forwards to your next stay.

Cordiali saluti!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel is a great place! We had such a fun time and absolutely loved everything about it. The staff was very warm and welcoming to us and our two children. The service is very friendly and helpful. Our child needs gluten free food and everything was arranged without asking, very relaxing for us parents. The restaurant and bar are very good, in food and atmosphere. Our rooms were located in the adjacent chalet (easily connected to the main building) and had the most comfortable and chic decor. The pool is great too (the kids also loved the in house cinema!). This hotel is a gem and we will return and recommend it to anyone who wants to relax in Gstaad. Do not hesitate to book!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Esther D,

I hope you have returned well to the Netherlands? My team and I were delighted to have you stay here with us, and I am pleased you were able to enjoy some well deserved time to relax.

It is important for us to recognize each of our client's needs, and nowadays dietary needs are so important. Whether it is part of our health (diet) retreats which we host here, or our yoga retreats or even just on a day to day basis, our Michelin restaurant prides itself on flexibility and understanding.

I hope we shall have the pleasure of your returning soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Did you ever wonder, if these scenes that you have watched in the movies, where guests enjoy a very personalized service do exist? I did. And I learned that this type of experience became reality in the Le Grand Bellevue. The hotel has a "soul", like Olivier, one of the very nice concierges, described it. It comes to live through the commitment and quality of service of the staff members.
We stayed with our son for one night in one of the luxury rooms facing the park in front of the hotel. The rooms were spacious, with a classical, yet very functional interior.
We enjoyed the fact that the hotel was family friendly, with a very nice playroom for children, a cinema and, again, the staff being very child-friendly.
The quality of food in the Leonard's was excellent, too.
The hotel is very conveniently located only a few steps from the pedestrian zone in the town center.
We would love to come back, preferably during the winter season.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
LGBgstaad, Owner at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Martin B,

We are truly honoured by your review! Thank you for these words and for your of course staying with us! I am very pleased that you and your family had a wonderful time here and enjoyed all of our facilities, even though it was a short stay. As you point out, we have a soul here, and I am fortunate to have an incredible team who really do care about our guests. It delights me that you felt this.

I do hope you may return for a longer stay next time, and wish you and your family very well.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have staid with my four kids for 2 nights, the hospitality, Service and atmosphere was amazing, I have to specially thank the owner, Daniel Koetser.

As he made our stay unforgettable, I would defiantly come back.
Its an experience to share and I highly recommend trying this place as it will be a trip to always remember, no regrets at all, only great moments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
LGBgstaad, Owner at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear D H,

I am very flattered by your kind remarks, and for your taking the time to post a review. My team and I greatly enjoyed your all being here, and we do look forwards to welcoming you back; hopefully very soon!

It is always such a pleasure to hear from clients from all over the world, so I am delighted your visit to us was worthwhile.

I send you all my warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I were at Le Grand Bellevue for only two nights last week, and during that time we spent almost all of our time at the hotel. Our room was super, we especially enjoyed the sleeping experience, the two full double closets, the large baths, and the tastefully done interior. The main hotel restaurant is excellent, great breakfasts, and we also ate one evening at The Swiss Chalet with friends for an authentic Swiss raclette and fondue evening and that was outstanding, too. There is plenty of room in the lobby, lounge and bar for discussions, reading, and relaxing. My wife had a massage and a Jacuzzi bath in the spa and was very pleased, too. Most impressive for me was that all of the hotel personnel were thoughtful, engaging, and thorough in their contact with me. They also were ready to speak to me in English, German, or French. On our way home to Munich, we stayed two nights in a 5* hotel in Germany and were thoroughly disappointed after our wonderful stay at Le Grand Bellevue!

Room Tip: The hotel lies about 100 m from the street. We had a room facing the street, but we never heard any...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
LGBgstaad, Owner at Le Grand Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Stephen C,

It gives me great pleasure when I read a review such as yours, where I can see that you have really been able to take advantage of the whole hotel. Thank you so much for your comments!

We pride ourselves on the fact that we have such extraordinary facilities (Michelin restaurant, bars, sushi restaurants, petit chalets, cinemas, Le Grand Spa etc etc), and yet we remain small and intimate with only 57 rooms. This allows us to take better care of our guests, getting to know each one and really caring.

I am sorry to hear that the following 5* hotel did not live up to expectations, although deep inside I feel proud of my staff here for their success in looking after you to that point!

I do hope we shall have the pleasure of your return soon, and wish you much happiness in Munich.

Daniel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gstaad
The Alpina Gstaad
#4 of 21 in Gstaad
Ultima Gstaad
Ultima Gstaad
#13 of 21 in Gstaad

Been to Le Grand Bellevue? Share your experiences!