“Excellent”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were very impressed by this restaurant! The food was absolutely delicious and the staff friendly and efficient.
My son and his girlfriend had pigeon which they said was excellent. I had very good steak, and we all had exceptionally good sorbets.
We are looking forward to returning to the Sonnenhof.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

It is a very authentic restaurant with fantastic food and good service.

The service is only "good", because we had to ask for the menue after 20 min and the one glass of wine one ordered was forgotten...

The view and the quality of the ambiente was unique, and therefore the well deserved 5 stars.

3  Thank Petsko
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have been visiting the Sonnenhof for many years now and the standard of excellent food and service is absolutely consistent !

I especially enjoy the tuna carpacio followed by a fillet steak cooked on a very hot stone brick on which it is served!

I can recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone .

The location decor and wonderful terrace overlooking Gstaad is an added bonus !

1  Thank JonathonSwitzerland
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

An absolutely fantastic experience!!!
The food was excellent, very nicely presented and tasty!!
I had the venison carpaccio and would highly recomend it!!
The view is also very nice!!
Best place to eat in Gstaad

Reviewed 3 January 2014

....but here they do. Wonderful food, wonderful service, and the best view in the region.

A mixed clientele, rich and famous, families speaking three or four languages at the table, and those like me for whom it is a 'special occasion'.

Expensive, but good value. also rare in Gstaad.

A must visit, if only once in the Summer and once in the Winter, every year.

Been to Sonnenhof? Share your experiences!