This is a must. Having never been skiing before I didn't know what to expect but reading the trip advisor reviews I had to book. 3 of us stayed in the refurbished Matterhorn apartment and loved it. Smart clean rooms, great kitchen and superb living room area made this feel like a home from home...well until you looked out of the window and were confronted with the magnificence of the North Face of the Eiger. Monica and her husband Jose (Its promounced with a J as in Jo-say and not Ho-say) were simply a cut above the rest and could not have done more for us.
People mention the hill, yeah well it is a hill...funnily enough we are in a mountain region!!! We only had to walk up it once as Monica was on a Zurich airport run for one of the days so we were not inconvenienced. Jose even took us to Bodmi for night skiing (a must) without hesitation. The rooms are of a smart adequate standard and the shower v powerful (loved it).
Switzerland like mainland Europe can be expensive but please take heed of the following.
- Onkel Toms is worth the wait and every penny. Its fair priced and has the best hand baked pizza you can ever experience.
- Altitude ski school at the Berner Intersport (We had Ben and Christian) were fantastic and could not thank them enough. You also get 25% discount for staying at Jasmine
- The Mirror Bar offers some great deals, we especially enjoyed the Burger deal and fries for 10chf (saving of approx 9chf on the normal price on Sundays, you have to try the garlic fries) and the Burrito night on Tuesdays also 10chf...irresistable.
- The local brew lagers of Erdinger and Rugen Brau are also rather appealing.
Check out Skiing at First as well as Kleine Scheidegg and if you are about, go to the Lauberhorn for the downhill world cup race in early January...sensational
I loved every minute of Switzerland and Monica and Jose will make your stay the best that they possibly can. I especially liked being called Mr Ian all week, it was very endearing. A thousand thank you's and I will definitely be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 7 modern and spacious self-catered apartments ranging from studios to a 3 bedroom. Each apartment has either a terrace or large balcony all facing south towards the mountains. Set in the beautiful resort of Grindelwald, a hiking mecca in the summer set beneath the foot of the Eiger mountain and a vast skiing area in the winter. Our apartments are all fully equipped. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Jasmine Apartments Grindelwald