“Just Incredible”

Maennlichenbahn Grindelwald
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We started out from Wengen, took the short, but steep gondola ride up. What a view we had as we went up. Thankfully, it was clear day and we had an incredible view of the surrounding areas. We began to hike up, but my brother and I began to experience some difficulties breathing. We came back down, relaxed, took in the view, enjoyed some lunch and took the gondola to Grindelwald. It was an amazing experience.

1  Thank JOL2T
There are newer reviews for Maennlichenbahn Grindelwald

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is no 1 in my 'places to revisit' list. We didn't really have a proper plan on this. We were just "lets try one of those lifts if we see one in our way to Lucerne" and we thought since we are passing Grindelwald so why not this one. And we end up spending almost 4 hours on top.

It's just amazing to stand on top with all the breathtaking view around us. And as we look at the valleys there were colourful parachutes hovering in the air

I think the lift was also at a reasonable price and we were entitled to some price reduction as recommended by the person at the counter.. Next timeI'm going to take the lifts plus train all the way to Jungfrau (^^)

4  Thank HaziahSalleh
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Even though it was a sunny sunday in high season, it didn't really cause any line-up due to the very efficient ski lifts i suppose. Slopes are well maintained and wide. Alpine skiing at its fines. Buy your day pass ticket at the train station (Grindelwald)

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I visit this area in winter since a few years. This bahn brings you to Mannlichen which is a perfect starting point for a good day of boarding or skiing. From this point you can go back to Grindelwald (and onwards to First), but also to the Eiger and the Kleine Scheidegg from which you can choose to go down to Grindelwald or Wengen (at Wengen you can go up again to Mannlichen). So besides the fantastic environment and views a nice spot to start your wintersport day!

1  Thank Bovlijan
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had an awesome ski lesson last week with Altitude Ski & Snowboard School in Grindelwald, Switzerland. It's an awesome way to see the mountain and work on your skiing/snowboarding. The instructors are all really friendly and nice, and they speak English and teach to all skill levels. I'm a beginner skier and my teacher taught me the basics very patiently and carefully & moved on when I was ready. I loved the whole experience and highly recommend Altitude if you are planning on getting a lesson in the area. Private or small groups are both great ways to go, and the price isn't bad. I paid 70 CHF for a 3 hour small group ski lesson. We spent the day at Kleine Scheidegg, but I'm pretty sure they offer lessons throughout Grindelwald/Wengen.