“Nice short cable car ride to restaurant. Beautiful views, and access to hiking trail”
Review of Pfingstegg

Romantic Candlelight Dinner by Cable Car in Pfingstegg
Ranked #6 of 32 things to do in Grindelwald
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Alp of Pfingstegg ist THE viewpoint of Grindelwald. With the only Areal tramway of Grindelwald you can go up to the Alp where lush meadows, glaciers close enough to touch and get a magnificent view to the valley. Experience an action-packed ride on our toboggan run and then enjoy the view from the restaurant terrace, or one of the many seating areas. 2016 , we will expand our range of playground for Kids and adults. We're open from May to October. Pfingstegg - THE Grindelwald Paradise!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It's close to town and the food is good. You can walk to the Baregg hut and get views into the gorge. Nice views down to Grindelwald.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Beautiful ride part way up the mountain, a quick bite to eat with an incredible view, then a picturesque hike back down to the town.

Bring your camera for sure.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went last week of May. The trip for myself and 7 year old was 24.40CH - that included a 20% discount for me with my Swiss Half Pass and full price for her. The sledge ride is always closed when it rains apparently so a bit of a disappointment though sensible I suppose! All the walks except one were also closed. I made the mistake of politely asking the other couple in the gondola where they were from and by the time they'd explained (similar to Hong Kong but not Hong Kong) the short trip was over! Did a 2 hour walk in the rain to a place named 'Sulz' I think - the only route open. There was literally nothing there when we arrived except a field of goats which luckily my daughter enjoyed feeding with grass through the electric fence.

In the afternoon we went on the First cable car. MUCH better value - 30 min ride each way - half price offer on so only 28.50CH for me and free for my daughter with our Swiss family travel card (which was also free and gave her free trains everywhere).

1  Thank jojozara
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well worth the trip up. Bought return cable car journey, with reduced price on the local 'Guest Pass' provided by our hotel. Option was to walk up and/or down, however in our case we we lucky: in full sun on the way up (great views) but snowing moderately only 35 minutes later (beautiful) which was would made the walk down miserable as this changed to rain lower down.
Overall because of the above, a few hot chocolates and some huges pieces of apple pie at the cafe, this turned out a very good short trip even if we couldn't do any of the walks up there (when we were there 13/5 nearly all walks other the 2 alternatives down were already closed by snow so we couldn't have gotten to the other attractions mentioned by other reviewers).

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This turned out to be a lovely hike, away from the more popular routes in Grindelwald. We took the 'hill' route up which was steeper than the 'walking' route but definitely more satisfying. It can be done with moderate fitness levels - both my husband and I are beginner hikers and we managed it with only a few aching muscles! Only bit I didn't enjoy was picking my way through cow pats for about 100m, but the walk through the woods was gorgeous and the views were amazing. Had a lovely meal at the restaurant at the top - service was good and food was tasty. Portion sizes were big. We then walked down the shallower route back to the base station. A very pleasant way to spend an afternoon!

1  Thank Giggles123