“Over priced and poor service”

Restaurant Kreuz & Post
Ranked #9 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Price range: US$14 - US$62
Cuisines: Italian, French, German, Swiss, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In every one of our restaurants, in the Kreuz Restaurant, the Challistubli and in the Panorama-Dining room, it is all about pampering. You explore a fresh and nice cuisine inspired by the seasons and our local products. We offer honesty and great taste, regional but also international dishes, all prepared with great care.
“Over priced and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Basically over priced, we eat at many places and for what we had, it cost WAY too much. We were served by a lady who had obviously had a bad day. Overall v poor. Wouldn't recommend!

Visited February 2014
4 Thank GraemeHadwin

• Korean first
Brisbane
“Christmas dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had Christmas dinner here. They had made an excellent job of decorating the place to give great festive atmosphere. We had the fixed menu and it was perfect. Good beer and wine at a reasonable price (for Switzerland). Staff were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ian P
“Not too many choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Food was good and tasty and our waiter was very nice and friendly. There is no great deal of choices in Grindelwald and this in one of the best. Service was very slow

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Zingers
Kent
“Passed off with table d'hote when I ordered a la carte”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The waiter in this hotel restaurant appeared competent but not very interested. When the main course arrived it was not what I ordered. I ordered veal 'cordon bleu' from the menu advertised 'WITHOUT HAM' in three different languages. I got an inferior schnitzel of meat covered in a stodgy breaded mixture from the day's table d'hote menu that included ham. When I complained to the waiter, unbelievably he denied that there was any ham with the meat. I deserted the restaurant before indulging in a sweet course or coffee. When I paid the bill I was reluctantly given a discount of a few Swiss Francs. Of course, I should have immediately have sent the food back rather than munching my way through it, but once you have started eating it's difficult to interrupt the 'flow' of one's digestive juices even if the food is not quite what you have ordered. Lesson learnt!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Terry C
Ottawa, Ontario
“Didn't live up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I had the chicken escalope and really liked it. My husband had the spaghetti and said he was still hungry after scraping his bowl with bread. He likes his food but doesn't eat huge portions. I thought his serving looked a little lite too. All restaurants are expensive in Grindlewald and this was no exception. As usual the view was fantastic. We sat on the patio.

• Visited September 2013