We stayed in September 2012
Good hotel but be prepared to pay a premium price, but then again, it seems that everything in Grindelwald and Interlaken is expensive. Very conveniently located in the town near the First gondola. We had a front facing room, and the outlook into the town was charming. We quite often sat on the balcony and enjoyed the vista with our drinks. It is not far from the railway station, but the hotel provides a courtesy van for arrival and departure. This was very good for us on leaving, as it had just started to rain. The free wifi worked well.
We stayed here on an timeshare exchange but there were considerable extra fees charged, including compulsory breakfast. (In fairness, these were itemised prior to booking, but still came to quite a large sum at the end of the stay). The room was serviced daily including a turndown service (and sometimes a chocolate or lolly left on the pillow - which was a nice touch), and the fridge is restocked with water, orange juice & beer. Although there is no specific charge for the minibar, there were extra charges for the daily service of CHF10 per person (plus hotel taxes of CHF3.20 per person) and the daily charge of CHF 24.00 per person for breakfast. This added an extra CHF520.00 to our weekly bill.
No tea or coffee making facility in the room and no iron – but there was a laundry service for an extra fee. The buffet breakfast was very good withaq wide selection of hot and cold foods and even included champagne on Sundays.
We had a light airy room and the beds were comfortable. On the whole it was a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar