After our first trip in 2009, we left hoping we could return one day. We were able to visit again in August 2013, and the hotel met or exceeded our expectations. The food is our favorite, dinners were outstanding, and even the items we were hesitant to try, were delicious. The half board is the way to go since food is expensive in Switzerland. Every morning, we would look forward to see the posted menu. The town had major construction down the street, but never heard it in the room or on the balcony. Easy walking distance to transportation, restaurants and expensive shopping, but we were there for scenery and sightseeing. The staff were always helpful and pleasant. The managers were very visible and approachable throughout the day and in the restaurants. Wish we could visit every year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar