My husband and I stayed at the Sunstar Hotel for 4 nights in late June. The room and bathroom were large but the decor was terribly dated and the bed was not so comfortable. Our room had a nice-sized balcony as well but one couldn't really enjoy it because it had not been cleaned for quite some time (I am not talking about being swept, more in the area of power clean to get rid of mildew and such).
The hotel is situated in an ideal location for skiers and hikers. It is a 10 minute walk from the train station or if one so chooses a short bus ride.
The breakfast buffet is of okay quality and offers a decent variety. There were a couple of mornings that the eggs, bacon and sausages smelt and tasted old (perhaps that was simply my taste buds, I don't know). The same can be said for dinner, a couple of evening the meal was quite wonderful but on others, it simply tasted to me as if we were having leftovers.
The wellness area was above average and the staff in all their efforts was quite outstanding.
However, given its age, the Sunstar Grindelwald currently is a three star hotel. It is the type of one that is comfortable enough for a couple nights, especially if you plan to be out and about.
In the end, if you are looking for a place to sleep, this might be your place but if you are looking for a relaxation, hangout on the balcony, and enjoy the view sort of place, this is not it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar