We chose this hotel so that my partner could ski and I could have a pleasant time while he was donig this. It advertises spa, pool, steam room etc. It was important to him to be able to use internet 24 hours a day due to international business needs. Well, pool was fine but steam room only available from 2pm - 6pm and for anything else (gym, sauna etc) you had to pay extra by the session. This seemed like a cheek and was not clear from their web page. The manager rather snootily pointed out that they hadn't said it was free either.
Internet access is via a card that you buy. The first three didn't work; we were told to take it up with the providers Swisscom as "all the other customers could use it". (We only spoke to one other guest who had also had great difficulty!)
Room was fne but not really 4* standard. Good to have soft drinks daily in complimentary mini bar but no tea or coffee making facilities so hot drinks had to be bought downstairs.
Evening entertainment was embarrassing. We played "guess the tune" a the resident pianist made this nearly impossible.
the catering was magnificent and the New Year's Eve Gala Dinner well worht the extra we paid. Food of exceptional quality throughout. Shame that there was nothing for a non-skiier and that management so mealy mouthed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This holiday and spa hotel is in an outstandingly panoramic location, quiet and central but with uninterrupted views of the famous North Face of the Eiger, Wetterhorn and First. Inside, the hotel is decorated with lots of warm wood, and the spacious lobby has an open fire, creating a cosy atmosphere. The large, comfortable bedrooms with their light wooden furniture are perfect places to relax in. Those in certain categories have a balcony. The half-board "Ambiance" restaurant has picture-perfect views of the mountains, tempting you to linger and eat to your heart's content. Gourmet diners are also superbly catered for in the à-la-carte "Adlerstube" restaurant. In the spa centre, you'll find all kinds of ways to unwind: try the large swimming pool, the Finnish sauna, the Roman baths with four climate zones, the hydro-massage showers, the solarium or the rest room. The hotel also offers an attractive range of sports, from a fitness centre to aquagymnastics and aerobics. If you take your holidays in the glacier village of Grindelwald, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy all the many and varied activities that are available in the Jungfrau region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grindelwald Sunstar Hotel
- Sunstar Grindelwald
- Grindelwald Hotel Sunstar