“Great view and Swiss food.”

First Mountain Resturant
Ranked #17 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Reviewed 6 October 2013

You go here for the view, not the food. Food was tasty and very Swiss, which basically means small portions. View was absolutely amazing and makes you feel like you're on top of the world. We loved the experience.

There are newer reviews for First Mountain Resturant

Reviewed 27 August 2013

It took 20 min to fetch the waitress to order and before we order we asked her to clean the table. She left and never came back, so we asked the other waiter and he cam back 20 min later to clean and get the order.

The dish I ordered which was basically potato rosti with sausage was delivered, and only after I touched the plate I realized it was extremely hot. The waiter didn't give us any warning. We complained to the waitress when we paid, she apologized with obvious reluctance.

This is the service you can expect here, but the view from the table near the fence is maybe the one of the best in Switzerland. My advice : don't eat here. just order drinks and enjoy the view and leave.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Eating lunch on the terrace of this restaurant offers a panoramic view over more than a dozen Alpine peaks, including the Eiger and the Jungfrau. A good number of waiters and waitresses are on hand, so service is prompt, with traditional Swiss dishes (try the local sausages) and copious desserts. Easily reached by cable car from Grindelwald.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I sat out on the patio while my husband was gliding and found it wonderful service as I enjoyed the day. They asked me often if I needed anything and told me about great places to see while we were in Switzerland

Reviewed 5 January 2013

The restaurant and Terrace is in an ideal location but you pay the price for it. Go one stage lower where yiu can enjoy your picknick. So take a coffee in First and have your picknick in Schreckfeld one stage lower !