- Very friendly folks running the hotel.
- Hotel restaurant was one of the better values in town.
- Rooms are cleaned very efficiently. We went out to have breakfast and by the time we got back the room was invariably clean.
- Breakfast is excellent.
- Views from balcony are gorgeous
- Property has washer and dryer at a reasonable cost.
Nothing huge but
- Foosball/pool in the basement are not free.
- Our room shows signs of age.
- The hotel is a bit off the center (there is a free bus that stops next to it)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 115 years old, the traditional family-run Hotel Gletschergarten in Grindelwald offers you panoramic mountain views, free WiFi and a free internet terminal. In good snow conditions, a ski run leads almost to the hotel. Breakfast is served every morning. After a day outside you can relax at the fireplace in the lounge. Half board, including a 4-course dinner, is available on request. A free pick-up service from the railway or bus station is offered. The Grindelwald First Cable Car Station is reachable within just a few minutes' walk, and the bus stop is just 20 metres away from the Gletschergarten Hotel. Further free time activities can be organised by the help of the staff. The hotel also has a new renovated wellness area with sauna and steam bath. You enjoy free access to the sports centre of Grindelwald, which features an indoor pool and an ice skating rink. Various tickets and ski passes can be bought at the regular rates from the reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Gletschergarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gletschergarten Hotel Grindelwald