Hotel Belvedere is top rated at TA and other travel forums, so my expectations were extremely high. It was a pleasant surprise that the hotel still managed to exceed our expectations.
The 5 best things about the Hotel in a nutshell:
1. The best thing is the Service & Staff. Simply the best staff at any hotel I have stayed. Most friendly, always ready to help, and always smiling. Be it the ladies at the reception or in the restaurant, or the drivers or the cleaners, everyone was really friendly, polite and helpful.
2. The Location & View. It is just 5 minutes walk from the Train Station, though even that would not be required with the luggage since pickup & drop is free. The view from the rooms, lobby & restaurant is just amazing. You have to experience it to believe me!
3. The Breakfast: The breakfast spread was huge, even considering we were vegetarians. Different types of breads, jams, cheeses, drinks (milk, juices, curd, hot chocolate etc.), japanese soup & rice. To top the food, we were offered seats with superb views!
4. The facilities: the heated outdoor salt water jacuzzi, the heated indoor jacuzzi & huge swimming pool, sauna was free and refreshingly relaxing after a day full of hiking and touring. Apples were awesome and free to pick from the reception. You could buy the different passes at the hotel reception (we bought the jungfrau centenary pass). They offered us welcome drink as well, which was a nice gesture. Water from the tap was like the best water we have had. They say it is the natural spring water, it was definitely better than any commercially available mineral water! Toileteries were good and free as well. You could even go to the reception and take any further toiletery if required (we took shampoo & conditioner.)
5. The Room: Our superior double room had amazing view, was very spacious, had all the facilities. The beds were really comfy to sleep on, and there was a pillow menu as well with a wide range of pillows. The bathroom was big, really big by Swiss standards. There was kettle and different types of teas & coffee. The balcony was big and had 2 chairs and table. Overall, superb value for the price we paid.
To sum up, we would definitely recommend this to everyone going to Grindelwald, and would go to grindelwald again just to stay in this amazing hotel. it is 5-star luxury at 4-star prices.
One Regret: Just could not meet the owners, the Hauser family, to personally congratulate them and applaud their personal management of this Hotel. There's always next time though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald: Your holiday hotel in Grindelwald! Enjoy your holiday in Switzerland, in the Jungfrau region at the foot of the world-famous Eiger. Relax in the Spa with indoor pool and salt-water Jacuzzi in the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Swiss Quality Grindelwald
- Hotel Belvedere Swiss Quality