We stayed for a week in March this year in a delux twin room with a view of the Eiger. The view was exceptional and we had a lovely balcony on which to sit and enjoy it. The room was spacious with excellent television reception and everything else one needed. The food was, generally, good and the service friendly. Why then do I have some slight reservations? Well, by my standards this was a very expensive hotel and 4 star. I therefore expect things to be spot on. When we arrived there was no one at the reception desk. We waited and waited. The driver who had brought us from the station went around the back to try to find someone. No luck. Then a lady arrived, very pleasant and apologised saying that two parties had arrived at the same time. But hang on, this is a 4 star hotel. Surely they should always be someone on reception. I rang the reception the next morning and no one answered. Again, this is not good enough. When we went in to dinner the first night, we were placed at a table far away from the views in rather a dark area of the restaurant. We were told that this would be our table for the whole week (not just for dinner - we had booked half board) but also for breakfast. I made a mental note to speak to someone about this and did so the next day. We were then moved to a delightful spot with a view and light. But surely for guests staying for a whole week, I should not have had to have done this? And so it went on. Little niggles, but niggles all the same. A bathroom tap which never worked properly, a shower which was difficult to control, food which varied in quality. Maybe I am being picky, but at these prices I expected the best. Nevertheless, the views make up for a great deal and the service was friendly if not always very effective. I would return (when I win the lottery) but with somewhat lower expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald: Your holiday hotel in Grindelwald! Enjoy your holiday in Switzerland, in the Jungfrau region at the foot of the world-famous Eiger. Relax in the Spa with indoor pool and salt-water Jacuzzi in the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Swiss Quality Grindelwald
- Hotel Belvedere Swiss Quality