Alpenblick Hotel Pub & Restaurant(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$136
US$127
Central Hotel Wolter(Grindelwald)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$754
US$534
Agoda.com
1,085 results
All reviewshauser familyoutdoor salt wateroutdoor jacuzzipillow menutrain stationwelcome drinkamazing viewseiger view roomgames roomcorner roomfamily runeiger mountainwonderful hotelover christmaswellness centrehalf boardjunior suite
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Grindelwald...... we all know its a beautiful place.
And this hotel just makes the stay even better by providing excellent service and the views from this hotel is just mind-blowing.

It is located very centrally, near the train station, so its easy for you to get around. Hotel staffs are always very helpful and will provide you with valuable information.

They have an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, plus an outdoor area as well. The outdoor heated area is perfect to sit in and with the view it makes it all so good. Just what you need at the end of the day after all the walking around.

Overall, i will definitely recommend this hotel for sure.
We stayed in room 430 and i think the view was Perfect!!!
The photos turned out stunning.

Its a beautiful family run hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BelvedereCH, Inhaber at Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Belvedere guests,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for the kind review. We'll happily paas on your compliment to our team. We hope to welcome you withus again soon.

Kind regards,

Philip Hauser, family and team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we just missed the winter season by a few days, wail the view was great that was about it, front desk non friendly & more interested in there computer at there desk then any guests, very hard to get a drink in lounge, mainly as there was no staff about, the food and menu was really poor seeing it has a name for it food, the hotel next door is far better. there was one older lady in the restaurant who was very nice and worked hard the rest all looked like they want to sleep.

Room Tip: mountain view rooms best
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Urs H, Inhaber at Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Belvedere guest,
you missed the winter season by a few days, you arrived in the lowest of the low season, during a very quiet time. The hotel used to close the restaurant during that spring period, as the demand is extremly low. Since 2 years, we decided to keep the restaurant open with a reduced offer of dishes, this to not have to spoil food unnecesseraly. The bar was also closed, that is correct, as having a barman on duty and at the end of the day a turn-over of CHF 10.- that simply makes no sense and shows that almost nobody is interested in that service.
This is by the way also the reason why our rates during that time are only half of what they usually are.
We are sorry, that you left our hotel disappointed. To have at disposal a great indoor-, and outdoor-Jacuzzi, and indoor-pool did not seem to be important for you. For next spring period 2019, we have by the way decided, to keep a bigger offer at the restaurant and also somebody on duty in the bar. We now hope that there will be more people like you, interested in having a drink in the bar or the lobby and interested in also eating at our restaurant.
Yours sincerely
Urs-B. Hauser, owner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We slept through breakfast the first day and when one of the staff found out, they brought us a lovely continental breakfast on the terrace. Mr. Hauser, the owner, was making the rounds at dinner serving up his table-side Beef Tartare and being a wonderful host. Also, I left some clothes there which they sent back to the US for me! So helpful and nice.....and the location couldn't be more spectacular.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear US guests,
thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we of course hope, that you will return, for example during the winter season, when the valley is all white. Skiing, snowboarding, winter hiking, some activities that are possible, besides all the excursions.
Many thanks for having chosen the family run Belvedere hotel for your stay in Grindelwald.
With best regards
Urs-B. Hauser, with family and staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are just back from a magical stay at Grindelwald’s historic Hotel Belvedere. The view that makes you feel like you’re looking at a perfect miniature world: snowcapped mountains, lush green hills, farmers harvesting hay, trains and a gondola slowly making their way up and down, cows in the distance, colorful paragliders floating in that fresh mountain air, flowers, waterfalls, and even a double rainbow. That Swiss mountain vacation of your dreams can happen at Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald.

We had a room with a large balcony facing the Eiger. The room was immaculately clean (as is everything in the hotel), larger than expected, with an exceptionally comfortable enormous bed. I know you’re not on vacation to lay around in bed, but after a day of hiking I was able to see waterfalls from bed after a brief storm. Heaven.

There are some clever room features too. I accidentally turned on the bathroom floor heater (which I didn’t need in the summer but would be so nice in winter). The full-sized hair dryer that’s not stuck on the wall was a bonus. Seat cushions for the balcony chairs. So many little things added up to make for a supremely comfortable stay. It’s no fun to consider the reality of safety features for a hotel, but I really appreciated how they incorporated an exterior emergency staircase.

The staff seemed genuinely happy – smiles all around. The dining room staff was particularly lovely. The breakfast buffet was large and took into consideration the different preferences of their international clientele. Sonia’s hiking suggestion was spot on. Hermindo always made me smile.

We wore ourselves out hiking all day so every evening after dinner we parked ourselves in the outdoor jacuzzi, which also has a mountain view. Which leads me to an incident that happened while we were in the jacuzzi. It is no fault of the hotel in any way, but I’m including it in the review to help others consider their privacy and the privacy of others while on vacation. While in the jacuzzi I looked up to see the mountain and instead saw a drone, with a green light on, hovering pointed at us near the hotel entrance. It wasn’t flying around as though someone was just having fun practicing flying a toy – it was hovering, light on as if it was an eye, pointed right at us. When I pointed it out it zipped away. A few minutes later it was back, watching again. At this point I realized we were probably being filmed. It was creepy. It dawned on me that the drone could also be used to spy on guests through the large windows in their rooms so at this point I was pretty freaked out and went to notify management. There I was at reception in robe and slippers explaining what was happening when the staff noticed my husband gesturing frantically from the jacuzzi – now there were two drones! The owner/manager and staff ran to see if they could find the pilot. It was hotel guests! A group of teens. I ran out to get some answers. One kid admitted he was filming and offered to let me see the video. Soon the father came out and rather than apologizing or taking the drones away he defends the kids and gives me attitude! No concern of how disturbing it is that his kids are using a peeping tom toy to spy on and film unsuspecting hotel guests. That drone was near hotel room windows. The kid admitted recording. Imagine being in your room and leaving the curtains open so you can enjoy the spectacular view you’re paying for and some creep is using a drone to record you! I have no idea what those kids saw or recorded or how many times they used the drones. Based on a quick internet search I think some laws were broken. It got pretty heated between the father and me. The manager withdrew and let me handle it. He was in a no-win situation. Shame on the father of those kids for how he handled the situation. He taught those kids to have no consideration or respect for Swiss law, hotel management, other guests, or personal privacy. I said my peace and went back to my vacation, which was pretty spectacular.

I’ll point out that our room only had a shower, no tub. I don’t know if rooms with tubs are available, but it’s worth clarifying if that’s a feature you need. It’s also worth mentioning that during the daytime while we were here in June the town is buzzing and farmers are working – so there is some noise that can float up to the rooms. We slept peacefully at night with the door open for mountain air and there was no noise.

I would absolutely choose Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald again and again. It was easy to walk to the train station even loaded with big luggage so no taxi needed. It’s close to shops but set just enough apart with the focus on the gorgeous scenery around you. As with other family owned hotels we’ve visited, you can see the pride of ownership in the details. We hope to return soon.

All of the photos I post to accompany this review were taken from our 4th floor room.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Belvedere guests,
many thanks for the detailled review and many thanks for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Grindelwald. We are all very happy that you fully enjoyed your stay. You had a room with shower only, no bath tub. Only 2 years ago, all our rooms had bathtub only, but as there were so many guests asking for showers instead, we started to build new bathrooms with shower. 80% of our rooms still have a bathtub, in which you can of course also take a shower. Some rooms and mainly family suites have both, bathtub and shower. Of course guests who have a certain preference should let us know when booking a room.
I very well remember the incident with the drones. A large family, staying at the hotel, bought for their children some drones. Of course the children wanted to try them out immediately and of course it was interesting for them to see, what all can be discovered. As soon as I realized whom was flying them, I told them that they have to take them down immediately and that they are not allowed to fly them anymore around the hotel. Not only at the hotel, everywhere such drones can be seen, more and more. I imagine that this problem is one that we now have world wide. Severe punishment would be the only solution to avoid that problem.
There is no taxi needed to get to the station, but if our guests wish to be taken by car from or to the station, we just need to be told in advance.
Wonderful to hear, that you have the intention to return. The 4th generation of the Hauser family will be in charge by then. Our son Philip, after a MBA in business, is now with the Radisson hotel group to learn more about how big hotels are run and will be back to take over the operation of the hotel by the end of this year. Our dauther Carole, in charge of the reception team right now, will start the word best and most famous hotel school of Lausanne to get her MBA.
We can highly recommend to visit us during the winter season. Take a look at the winter pictures we show on our website, it is really white dreamland.
We remain with best regards
Urs-B. Hauser with family and staff (Sonya and Hermindo thank you so much for mentioning them)

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Belvedere, Grindelwald Switzerland in the middle of May for two nights. Although the lobby/reception area was underwhelming when we arrived, we found our room to be lovely, clean, upgraded and attractive. The restaurant food was delicious and restaurant staff, particularly Sonya, was very helpful in giving us ideas for exploring the area. Out of the norm, the owner of the hotel, Urs, who happened to be at the reception area upon our arrival, volunteered to drive my husband and I up to the cable cars, as parking is very limited in town. This unusual kindness and thoughtfulness was once again exhibited, when later in the day, he assisted me in finding my misplaced IPhone, while I had been shopping, by calling the owner of the shop, since it had closed for the weekend. How joyful I was to find the store owner had returned to his shop and finding my phone, brought it to the hotel Belvedere!! I would highly recommend this place to stay in!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Urs H, Inhaber at Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Belvedere guests.
many thanks for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Grindelwald. We are happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay, despite the fact that you consider the lobby area as underwhelming. The reception area is definitely nothing special, some more room would be very welcome. The lobby,I love it as it is, but our ladies (my wife and my daughter) also think, that a complete renovation would be the right thing to do. Can you imagine, that the renovation of that room only will cost us over 1 million US$ ?? We have spent 3.5 millions for renovations the last two years and we have the intention to spend the same amount again the next two to three years. Building in Switzerland is very expensive, we pay about 100US$ for each hour of any of the builders. By the way the cost of a dish washer is US$ 30.- per hour.
Hoping that you will return, may be once the lobby is new, I remain
with best regards
Urs-B. Hauser, owner in 3rd generation (the 4th will take over in 2019)
PS : Our hotel will have A/C (Air cooling) in all the rooms from 2019, as only hotel in Grindelwald and the Jungfrau area