All reviews mountain sports bread night box great view the bus enjoyed my stay train station to the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful mountain view would definitely stay here again breakfast was delicious simple hotel stayed here for nights pleasant stay north face every morning excellent hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We booked the biking package but we were disappointed with the support. It sounded good on the website but in reality it didn't live up to expectations. The hotel was nice apart from the open-plan bathroom/toilet (we stayed in 302 on top, north view). It was clean and modern. Basic, but nice and comfortable, also quiet. Breakfast was good with great coffee and a good selection of breakfast food. It would have been nice if the hotel had a dinner option. The bike storage was unlocked during the day with easy access for non-hotel people. Mountain biking in Grindelwald was disappointing as well, as it seems to only be on tarmac roads and/or gravel roads with very little single track. It was very picturesque and beautiful.

Room Tip: Because of the open-plan toilet/bathroom we wouldn't recommend it for couples...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lovely stay in a modern, colourful and relaxed B and B with great functional room with its own balcony. Breakfast was nice and if you want there are other meals on offer. If you like to do your own thing and be out and about this is a great place , if you like fuss and staff on hand all the time then not for you. We would stay again and great for bikers and hikers but it is a 10 min walk to the town at a good pace and back is uphill which works off the food and drink! Views from the hotel are amazing of the Eiger and other peaks in the range , a major plus point.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are fine and shower great but only small and as part of the room , maybe the deluxe rooms have more bathroom space.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Such a lovely surprise \when I went into my room and found a balcony all tomyself and the best view upon the Eiger. The room is very big for a single room. Although simple it had everything I need (so no TV, phone, refrigerator). The staff were lovely and knew everything about the environment from restaurants, public transport, guided tours, biking etc, and they were more than happy to share this with their customers.
When I was staying the EigerUltraTrail was starting at 04.30 for the 101km - runners. The staff got up and organised a breakfast at 3.30 for the 4 or 5 runners that ran that day. How good is that!
Upon leaving I received a bag of tea made of local flowers, such a lovely gesture! I can't wait to go back next year :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this lovely small hotel for 7 nights in June. We had a balcony on the second floor, with a fabulous view directly on Eiger and Mittenberg Mountains,

The room was small, but more than adequate for us. It was cleaned daily and nicely organized.
The breakfast buffet included a selection of local cheese and sliced cold meats, muesli, other cereals, juices, and yoghurt. There were also many local breads and rolls, lots of fruit, and a cook-it-yourself egg station where you could easily make soft or hard boiled eggs.

Connie and Beni and Anita went out of their way to make our stay as nice as possible. We definitely plan on returning to Grindelwald!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains, preferably on a top floor. Also, we had a room at the end of the building, so, there was no adjoining room on one side. With the comments about thin walls ( which we didn't have a problem with), that might be better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarySanDiego
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The proprietor Beni had good to great customer service, but...
Most all the other receptionists and hostesses had an edge that was hard to overlook.
For the money paid this made our stay uncomfortable.
1) On the first night I asked for a cocktail at the bar. The response for the hostess was "I get off in 15 minutes so you'd better be quick." She poured a thimble amount of whiskey into a tumbler. I found an 8 euro charge when I checked out.
2) We ate a picnic lunch outside under the extraordinary view. Since there are no trash cans anywhere to be found, I asked the receptionist to help dispose of my quart baggie of trash. Her response was "take it to your room!" (two flights up--and there was a can beneath her feet at the front counter).
3) Upon checking in my son could not locate his tooth brush. The front desk provided one but we found a charge on our bill when we left....
I could go on and on but the "culture" of the place was not warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Very very noisy between rooms. Choose the highest floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family