“The only thing to add is your skis!have fun!”

Hotel Eiger Grindelwald
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Grindelwald
Reviewed 23 April 2012

30 years visting Grindelwald, Hotel Eiger remains the best choice for a successfull skiholiday.
Great food aswell in restaurant as in Memorybar!
Don't forget to ask your free pass for the town swimmingpool (Hallenbad), no Chlorine but ozon is used to purify water.If you don't like swimmingpoolsmell, this one is perfect and also spotless clean!

Room Tip: Rooms with viaw of the Eiger !Wake up and see the mountains, great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Frank V
There are newer reviews for Hotel Eiger Grindelwald

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I spent a weekend with a friend at this amazing hotel. We had the corner suite with an breathtaking view of the Eiger. The balcony was spacious and comfortable. We spent most of our time just relaxing and reading.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weluvs2travl
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Eiger for 6 nights while we were boarding with a local pass. We booked the hotel through Thomson Ski for about £1600 for the week (including lift passes).

The hotel staff made a real effort to be friendly and nothing was too much hassle. We stayed half board and the food was always really good, a great choice each night - either the daily special or simply off the menu.

Breakfast was good though the afternoon cakes (we rushed down from the slopes on the first day) were alright. They were described as having been made by "local housewives" but I doubt they were.

The wellness centre was great - sauna, steam room etc and we timed it right so it was quiet. You can ask sit outside after a sauna which was really relaxing.

There 'First' lift opens up a good selection of runs, head high in March as it is quite icy in the morning and quite slushy in the late afternoon. The 'Kleinesheidegg' area is also good. We went to the Jungfrau one afternoon but be warned it takes almost an hue to travel up there, cool use caves etc but i would rather have spent my time on the slopes.

We are borders and we were happy with the runs.

Overall I would definitely recommend staying at the Eiger but I would be unlikely to return - only because I like to try new places, rather than returning to one I have enjoyed before.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank intrepidplanner
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We booked initially the standard room. However, we paid for un upgrade to a 'lifestyle' room after we saw the standard room. It's worth paying that bit extra for a nice modern room and bathroom with a good view. There is an indoor parking garage (i think we paid CHF 12 p/night). We only stayed one night and didn't use any facilities. Overall a good hotel. Nothing too special but I do think one of the best options in town. Location is very good.

Room Tip: The standard room is very old fashioned. We think it was worth paying for an upgrade to one of the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank THGeneva
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was on a quick Thanksgiving holiday (5 days in Switzerland) and my friend arranged for us to stay here while we visited Top of Europe. The staff was very attentive and helpful, spoke wonderful English (for me), and didn't seem at all put out by my questions. The hotel offers a great gym (didn't use), but also a dry sauna, wet sauna, hot sauna, plunge pool, and meditation room. Being the uptight American, I was a little taken aback by the coed saunas, but quickly overcame my inhibitions. Make sure to upgrade to one of the newer rooms. We had a wonderful view of the mountains, mood lighting, and a modern designer bathroom (with a sink carved out of a rock). No one in the hotel or restaurant blinked twice that we were two men travelling together.

Room Tip: Upgrade to get the renovated rooms with the wonderful views of the mountain
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank das404ga
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hotel was excellent, the staff so friendly and the owners were very attentive, making sure that we were completely happy with everything. This is a great location for both walking and skiing. The food at the hotel was superb. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Imag5566
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The location is good if you are planning to stay at the center. Its close to the lifts and the main station. The hotel is kind of a labyrinth! If you are staying in a single room -which is quite spacious for a single- you have to use two elevators, climb some steps, change buildings and so on. The bed and the pillows are excellent. I had a great sleep. I did not like the shower curtains! I find them unhygienic. Loved the balcony. But I am Turkish, I need a balcony! The breakfast is good. Can't complain. To be honest, the rating deserves more than average but less than very good.

One tip for the boutique hotel managers: the manager (i think she was the manager) was walking around talking to the guests during breakfast. How can you say anything negative -unless you have a serious problem- to someone that asks you about your stay with a huge smile on his/her face. Its one of the best times to catch the guests and ask for feedbacks. Brilliant idea and timing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends