Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night in this hotel. First of all this hotel is clean and has a great view from the room and balcony. The location is good and a good deal for the price. The room is clean and the bed is fine, but the pillow is too flat. We had dinner with a nice view from the restaurant balcony. I asked the staff whether i can have a glass to drink my wine in my room. The staff is coming with a glass and later the other staff said in german, which i understand, to give me a plastic one. So they exchanged them to plastic in front of us. For me this is very rude. I've been travelling a lot and it seems like the staff is not friendly. Even when i asked if she can give me the glass instead of the plastic she refused and said her boss said no because they have had bad experiences before with other guests. When i said i am dissapointed she said she dont care and feel free to write it even on trip advisor. For me this is embarassing and ruined my experience. For something simple like that she made guests feel uncomfortable.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank galaxy_skywalker
Jürg B, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2019

Dear,
We are very sorry, that you felt this way! We generallay have good feedback concerning our staff! We only give Plastic cups to take into the room, as we had unfortunately a lot of glasses which wandered into the suitcases of the guests. I was next to the situation, it was told you in a friendly way, and I guess during dinner and by check in the staff was friendly. So if this is the only reason to classify staff as rude, we are happy ;-)

Reviewed 14 June 2019

The room are smelly and i found some cockroach. The staff needs improvement,lack of service.
In all my travels this must have been one of my top three worst experiences ever. From my first interaction upon my arrival until my checkout I did not feel happy. So pity, the view from the hotel room is great but the hospitality is super worst. the staff is unfriendly. I will never come to this hotel anymore!!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Randh121
Jürg B, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2019

Dear Randh,
Might it be that you did not stay here, and only wrote this, as we cancelled your booking due to invalid credit card? If yes, it would not be our mistake, as you ignored the e-mail, and then we were forced to cancel your booking...

Reviewed 3 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed in Grindelwald for two nights and absolutely fell in love with this place. On arrival, we were greates by staff who spoke good english and helped us check in. We were so lucky to get a room with the Mountain View - stunning scenery from our window.
Room - the size of the room was pretty small but was comfortable. There was a sink and towels provided.
Beds - comfortable but the pillows are appauling.
Plugs - There was only one plug in the entire room avaliable to charge our things.
Wifi - really good connection all over the hotel.
Bathroom - we had a shared bathroom which was really clean at all times.
Breakfast - Standard breakfast with a selection of breads, cereals and eggs.
Bus - staying at the hotel entitles you to recieve a free bus pass to take you around Grindelwald.
Distance to train station - about 5 minutes drive or on the bus. Everything is pretty much close and down the road.
Lovely hotel.. would recommend it!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 262chandnid
Jürg B, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2019

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Reviewed 23 May 2019 via mobile

We headed down to Grindelwald to get a good feel of the Swiss alps and be surrounded by mountains. I had pre booked ahead on a third party site. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by staff that spoke English as a second language- well enough to do more than just help us check in.
We were given a room with a mountain view and into the valley. It was incredible. We also had access to a patio from inside our room that had even more of a view.
We loved it so much we immediately extended our stay another night.
The room itself is somewhat small but not uncomfortable. Good enough for sleeping. Themed- chalet style. The bathroom is a bit small but it does what you need it to! Beautiful window that opens all three panels for fresh Swiss air.
The beds were super comfortable. Plug ins for charging electronic devices were at the bedside.
We went down for a meal and ate from the recommendations provided to us- since we are in Switzerland we want to truly take in the culture.
Pride was as to be expected for Switzerland. Food was delicious as were the drinks.
Free wifi that works well.
Got a free bus pass and some discounts on local attractions and rides as well.

Highly recommend!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank marcieness
Jürg B, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2019

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! It was nice to welcome you here!

Reviewed 6 May 2019 via mobile

The location was fair bit of distance from train station. You need to wait for shuttle bus otherwise walking with luggage uphill was painful. The staff were professional but easily irritated by a traveller who spilled coffee on the coffee machine. Good value for the price with mountain view in the morning. I had a great breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dilruz a
Jürg B, Manager at Hotel Alpenblick, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2019

Thank you for your comment and rating!