“Nice place to stay in the mountains”
Review of Hotel Cabana

Hotel Cabana
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in Grindelwald
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Our room had a beautiful mountain view, and was spacious and clean. Breakfast had a nice variety of cheeses, deli meats, yogurt, hard and soft boiled eggs, fresh fruit, breads, and cereal. The owners were very helpful and friendly, and you can buy tickets for attractions and trains directly from them. The hotel is a little bit out of town, but not a bad walk, or you can take the ski bus into town (free).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjshelli

Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

I have come to Switzerland for skiing many years. I am always impressed by their standards not because they are expensive 5 stars but even the small ones are so good!
There are a few things I truly like about this hotel !
Cabana is only 4 minutes from train station so it's very quiet and its a stand-alone building with a car park for the use hotel guests. The sweet part is the rooms are facing south with no other houses in front and away from the car road. it's pure tranqulity and privacy!
I always wanna a bathtub in my room and their ones are a little deeper so I can soup all myself in deep hot water after a day of skiing!
There's a washing machine for guests use at a small cost. That's perfect for someone like me who does not want to bring too much on holiday .
They have many TV channels including financial ones which I don't see in most other 3 stars hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MickeyfromHongKong
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The team was very kind and helpful, the breakfast was very tasty. The view from the room was fantastic, and the room was big.
The hotel is located 10 minutes walk from the center.
The only disadvantage of the hotel is that it's on the "main road", so when you open all the windows it's a little noisy.

We highly enjoyed hotel cabana, great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This hotel is situated perfectly with a great view towards the Eiger.
I dont know where to begin with. The Breakfast, the view, the staff every thing was perfect.
Only its a bit away from the train station (may be 10 min walk) but worth every penny.
We stayed there for 4 nights and had the mid week hit price so it was not that expensive as compared to the other hotels. But I might say that this one was the best we stayed in out of the 4 hotels we booked in Switzerland.
The feeling of the hotel is very homely and the staff is very helpful.
We requested for early check in but unfortunately couldnt get it. but that turned out very good for us as we visited mount Schilthorn on the very same day...
In the end, I will say we will definitely and only select this hotel when we revisit

Room Tip: take the south side eiger facing room.... you will love it Only a bit far from the train station th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Er_Hardeep
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 9 nights recently. The hotel provided me more than what I had expected based on the previous reviews. So I just like to add a few points about this hotel.

Reservation - If you are planning to book this hotel, check these links:
Some special offers (10% discounts for midweek/week stay) are available if you book through the hotel's website. The hotel can arrange 5-course-HP-menue including a small salad bar at restaurant Derby Bahnhof for you if you if you stay 3 nights or more. Although the restaurant offers one prefix menu per night, I enjoyed 3 dinners there. 38 CHF is very good value. If online reservation system doesn't show discounted price, e-mail to the hotel. The hotel responded to my inquiry within 12 hours.

Distance from Grindelwald station - I would rather walk 8-10 minutes for a quite environment than stay in a hotel near the station. Just make sure to leave the hotel early enough to catch your bus/train. There is a bakery between the hotel and the station. So add a couple more minutes to buy some sandwiches/pastries for hiking.

Free Wi-Fi - Worked also very well on my balcony. That made me spend more time on the balcony and enjoy the view of Eigar and beautiful landscape.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with a south facing, eigar view balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank photographerT
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The view from your room is the most amazing greeting possible - the balcony/porch directly faces one of Switzerland's most amazing peaks. The location was amazing and only a 10 minute walk from the train station. Their included breakfast was one of my favorite parts of the day as well. Staff was friendly and accommodating, and the room was the perfect size. Will stay here again if we ever come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is a very nice traveller-friendly hotel. The staff were very friendly, breakfast was nice and really this place has everything you need. My room was comfortable - a decent size by European standards, there's free WiFi and if you choose to watch TV there's a lot of channels available, including many UK channels in English. My room was on the lowest floor with a nice patio area looking out on the view, complete with a table and chairs and folding umbrella to give shade from the sun. I chose to fold mine down in the evening to better enjoy the wonderful view.

The hotel is well located. At first it feels a little far walking from the station because it's one of the last hotels, but Grindelwald is a small place and it is only a few minutes, which means it's only a few minutes back to the shops and centre of town. The bottom station of the Männlichenbahn gondola is an easy walk downhill of about ten minutes or so - admittedly I cheated on the way back and got the train back to the main Grindelwald station. The hotel does give you a guest card that will let you ride the local buses for free. There's also a self-serve laundromat a couple of buildings up from the hotel which is very convenient... easy to come back to the hotel while you wait.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo