“Mediocre service and greasy food”
Review of Derbystube

Derbystube
Ranked #18 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Waiters are not very nice despite the fact that there was only one other table occuppied. There were two vegetarian options. Food overall was greasy and not that good. Would not go back.

There are newer reviews for Derbystube

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first meal after we got to Grindelwald. Awesome fondue options, even for vegetarians. The roesti was too cheesy - would order it again but without the cheese

Ordered the fireman fondue and and the cava fondue ( personally liked the fireman). Overall a great meal. Wish they had more options to dip in than just bread :(

Attached to the station - top location. Isn't the best fondue I've had - but pretty darn good.

Would recommend if you are ready to be cheesed up!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I traveled up to Grindelwald to ski one day. We rented our gear and then decided we needed to eat before hitting the slopes. We had to wait a bit for the next train, so Derbystube at the Derby Hotel was the perfect spot. My husband got a salad from the salad bar and I ordered the Chef's Alpermagrone (Macaroni alpine style- with ham rashers, potatoes, mountain cheese and cream). It was to die for. I could have! The BEST mac and cheese I've EVER had in my entire life and it came with a side of apple sauce! The perfect pair! It was great fuel for a day on the slopes and very reasonably priced. Especially compared to other meals we had in Switzerland.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Food well up to expectations moderately priced. Service could not be faulted and atmosphere in restaurant very pleasant.

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

No need to ask to a table here, you will be told to find your own place to sit.
When ordering don't expect and help or advice with the menu, the waiter will just be rude and unhelpful.
When the fondue arrives expect it to have a very strong wine flavour (perhaps the chef slipped when pouring the wine), 6 and a half old potatoes (we ordered two fondues) that looked like leftovers in a basket.

Don't order the Raclette with 'green pepper' basically they charge an extra CHF to put a pepper mill on your table. How on earth can the use of a pepper mill be charged at 1CHF?

Conclusion: stay away at any cost!!!