“When you surf on your reputation and do nothing to be at your expected level it does not work”

Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Interlaken
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Well.. .what to say??.... I was eager to go there. True, I have heard about that hotel for so long. The palace of Interlaken, in one of the most famous city in Switzerland. A real disappointment.

Positive : Beautiful architecture, nice decoration, nice standard breakfast, most of the staff is really professional which should be the case at that level. Room are ok. Mattress and pillows are nice. The Spa is great ! great services and offers..... (however do not expect for great price.... remember you are in a luxury place)

Negative: 5 stars hotel you expect high standards; but..... room, edeirdown/duvet in 2 pieces for a king size bed. in the morning NO HOT WATER ( at reception... only answer was.... we are sorry... nothing else!!!!) lack of information in their service booklet in the room. bathtub nor enough protected when taking a shower. At conciergerie.... ask for tel charger.... just had the latest format.... (does that mean we just help for the latest one format; you have a version of last year... they cannot help!). Did not even told were to go to get one or propose to get one for you....(sorry to say... but this is a thing to do for the client.). The breakfast team's leader and his team where really nice and professional. The buffet is nice but have seen better around.
Conclusion: It is a great place you can feel it. But it really needs a shock to be at the luxury level it should be. The rooms would need to be refreshed, the staff should remember why they are there and what is their expected level of service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Confmanager

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was in Northern Europe for business and also making a pleasure trip at the same time, we drove from Germany for a weekend getaway to Interlaken and were recommended to stay at the hotel "Victoria Jungfrau".

The moment we pulled up to the property we were in awe, what a beautiful looking hotel, the interiors have all been redone maintain class and luxury with marble floors and high ceilings. The front desk was friendly and upgraded us for free to a better room. The view from our room was "Jungfrau" mountain all snow capped. The concierge was 1 of the best I have ever met and super friendly fiving us tips for our skiing excursion, to tips on our trips to Bern & Geneva all by efficient clean Swiss railway.

The Spa is one of the nicest as both my wife and I had spa treatments and the steam, sauna and soaking tubs are modern, clean and very private. The restaurants & bar was also super friendly and while expensive were of top quality.

I would recommend travelling to Switzerland to anyone as the scenery is unique and if you can afford to splurge then the hotel Victoria is worth it.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with the view of the mountain ranges not the river view in the back which i...
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Beautiful Palace with big lobby, Rooms are big in size and possible to connect 3 rooms together for a huge family, wonderful amenities and neat and clean bathroom, multi language friendly staffs help full all the time, very close to the Interlaken OST station and shopping area, Highly luxury breakfast and the restaurant facing the beautiful view of mountain, No Halal Food,

Room Tip: Mountain View
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the VJ a few times and each time once I enter the revolving door into the hallway it feels like entering into a whole different world, leaving all the sorrows and hassle outside. This Grand Hotel is absolutely outstanding, the staff are extremely friendly, helpful yet very "down to earth" and not snobbish at all as you would find in some other 5* Grand Hotels. The Deluxe Junior Suite with the view of the Jungfrau was very nice, it is very modern but still in those rooms you can feel the glamour of the past centuries. One of the highlight always is their breakfast buffet, the choice is enormous, where should I start? It offers delicious fresh food, the cappuccino is served just the way it should be, what else can you wish for? The SPA is very spacious and I enjoyed wonderful treatments, sauna, steambath and sole pool are a real treat after a busy week at work. My personal highlight was the High Tea on Sunday afternoon, oh my god, the buffet is wonderful, all those treats, sweet and salty, plus a chocolate fountain! One definitely should not count calories when going there.
All in all, when you stay at the VJ you can be sure that you will be pampered and looked after in a very warm way, it is a perfect mix of casual and elegant atmosphere which I rarely see in other hotels.

Room Tip: Choose one with the Jungfrau View, definitely worth it!
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have just come back from a weekend at this beautiful hotel..... and cannot believe some of the reviews I have read.. I presume they have stayed at different hotels.. From the minute we walked through the door to the minute we left I cannot fault this hotel at any level. I have stayed at many five star hotels over the world and this is comparable if not better than many of them. The attention to detail is second to none and the food and service was impeccable. From the umbrella in your room for us to use, to the gift we were given when we left.. outstanding.

Breakfast on both mornings was not just breakfast but an experience... We ate in the Italian restaurant on Saturday and compared to prices generally in Switzerland ( you will need a lot of spending money!!) this was reasonably priced for the quality of food and service.. if I had to criticize one thing it was the fact they started to clear up around us while we were still eating.... (restaurants close a lot earlier than they do in the UK!!)

Our room with a view over the Jungfrau was beautfiul and even though Saturday And Sunday were very cloudy when we arrived on Friday it was clear and stunning.. watching the paragliders land practically outside our window was amazing!

Cannot wait to go back again

Room Tip: Our suite facing the Jungfrau was excellent with an amazing bathroom !!!
Reviewed 23 November 2013

When we arrive we couldn't check in early because we came early. I ask for a upgrade cause it was our honeymoon the girl said no. After 15 mins a nice girl walked over and asked if we needed help and I told her what happen. She was able to do what the first girl couldn't. She checked us in and upgraded us! Explain the hotel areas to us and walked us to our room. 10mins later we had champagne & chocolate sent to our room! Room was nice and big(Junior suite). The reason why we are giving the hotel a 4 stars is because we had to ask if the sheet can be change when they had a stain on it. Which is something a 5 star hotel would automatically would change no hesitant.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have been to many high end luxury hotel, and this one is by far the worst one I have been to and also the most overrated one. Lets start by once me and my wife were check-in, we wanted to have the afternoon tea buffet because we heard it was suppose to be very good. Since there was no one available near the tea buffet, we approached the assistant manager to ask if we can get a seat. We were very surprise by her response Just saying " everything is reserved". So we went to the reception to ask for a table, then we were directed again to the same area to seat down. After 10 minutes past with no one to help us, we stopped the assistant manager again to ask for help, and what she said was truly amazing: "what do you want???" And then followed by "this table is reserve too! You can seat by the bar and eat there."

WOW...

I have been to many hotels all over the world, but this is by far the worst attitude I have ever encountered. My wife of course went ballistic and went to the reception to complaint about our experience. All the manager did there was they will reviewed with their staff and brush us off.

Again WOW...

Just when I thought it couldn't get even worst, the free wifi wouldn't work, so I was force to go to the reception again and ask for help. A young lady told me the reception for the wifi is better at the concierge, so I might get help there. So I went! Then the concierge said my phone was the problem, and brush me off to the reception again! So off I went to the reception again, and by this time my wife was so angry she already went back to our room. So at the reception, this young lady came up with the conclusion that the problem was my phone, and she practically rolled her eye when I said my phone worked in Rome, Milan, engelberg, London, and simply said "we are different, sorry, your phone does not work."

WOW WOW WOW....

At this point I was lost of word of how angry and disappointed I am. Anyway I manage to use the wifi 30 minutes later at my room BY MYSELF and WITHOUT THEIR HELP. we just want out of this hotel so we woke up at 6am next morning and checked out ASAP then went to Zurich.

I usually don't write any reviews for any hotel because I usually don't have the time, but the SERVICE AND STAFFS at the Victoria Jungfrac Grand Hotel is so amazingly bad that I have to let other people know about this place.

I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE.

At last, this is such a shame because Switzerland is such a beautiful country and I had such a great time in other hotels and parts of the country especially Engelberg. The experience here put a very tinted spot on our vacation.

28  Thank Tony L