“Restaurant Schuh”

Cuisines: Swiss, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had dinner at the Schuh as far back as 1985 suggested by a friend from work. The food, dessert and chocolate has been very good. My last meal was no different. Enjoy!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I am writing this review based on my visit to this chocolate outlet and not the restaurant. I must say Schuh was a kind of a place I was looking for in Switzerland. The chocolate boutique was gorgeous and I wanted to taste everything on display. I repented not being able to stay for the Chocolate show but was still happy that the lady let me taste so many of the varieties of their local chocolates.

The prices were way higher than packaged chocolates from the best of the Swiss brands. But you must realize that you pay the premium for the superior quality and the freshness.

While buying my stuff I asked how long could I preserve the stuff, the lady replied " They can stay upto two weeks, but only you you are able to keep them so long" ...I didn't trust her then, but in a few days I realized what she meant when we couldn't resist eating our entire buy in just 2 days...

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This restaurant with the a chocolate shop at the entrance is very well recommended. Don't miss the daily chocolate show at 5 p.m. Enjoyed that with the taste of yummy swiss chocolates. The ambiance is also very well thought of.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to this restaurant / tea room many times over the years. For a time, it was showing its age. But it has been pleasantly renovated, without destroying the charm. And the staff are competent, pleasant an excellent. All of the food is good, but the last two times I went, I took desserts. The meringue glace was huge and wonderful, with what tasted like house-made gelati, but thick, in vanilla and raspberry. But the best was the Eis Cafe, which has returned to the old style, which is NOT just some "kugels" of coffee ice cream, but a real Eiskaffee which is made in the flute in which it is served. The ice cream melts along the sides, just as it is supposed to, and the flavor is a rich coffee, not just sugary cream.
I was so delighted.
It is relatively reasonable for Switzerland, but be prepared for sticker shock if you just arrived from the USA.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for some place to eat good swiss food that were not a tourist trap and we happened to pass by this restaurant.
It was great. The food, the atmosphere, the service. And they even have music! Very good!